Thread: Toshiba Satellite X205-SLi1: Windows 7 won't recognize Sony camera

Toshiba Satellite X205-SLi1: Windows 7 won't recognize Sony camera

I think this is more a windows 7 driver problem than a laptop trouble, but does someone have some thoughts? So, began with Toshiba Satellite X205-SLi1 default 2 month before, as after that it has gotten 4 GB RAM, and a T9500 CPU (was running at 85c while idle earlier than so as long as I was redoing the heatsink amalgam I upgraded the CPU, now runs at 40c while idle and quicker), anyone require a T7250 which works? Please let me know if anyone here has any idea about this.

Re: Toshiba Satellite X205-SLi1: Windows 7 won't recognize Sony camera

Not certain regarding the camera problem, but as you said, it is most likely a driver problem. Have you attempted checking to observe if the camera maker has a driver obtainable for 64bit Windows 7? Now the video is a dissimilar trouble. I have seen others who have had this similar trouble with a flickering screen in the solitary GPU systems. It was caused by the Nvidia powermizer characteristic. Attempt utilizing this tool to immobilize powermizer, and that "should" repair the video problem if it is caused by the similar trouble.

Switching off powermizer fixed the flicker trouble, was truly maddening. I don't notice an alternative to switch the Physx characteristics; it just gives me the option of either GPU or the CPU, but no off. Ensure the Sony website and obviously they say "the driver for your product is previously built-in with the OS", amusing thing is, I plug the camera in and it beeps representative it spotted the USB port change, but not at all does the rest of what it is supposed to do.

Let's just attempt a system reset and notice if that makes any dissimilarity. Switch off your machine, remove the AC from laptop, take away the battery, push and hold down the power button for 20 to 30 seconds, put back battery and AC, switch on, the moment you observe the Toshiba logo push the 'F2' key to go to BIOS Setup, in setup simply push 'F9' to load setup defaults, push 'F10' to save and exit, reboot into Windows and undertake connecting the camera once more.

Here is an update. All other kinds of devices exertion in the USB ports, but nothing mass storage. I come across a few Microsoft KB articles regarding Asus chipsets and windows 64 bits not functioning with mass storage, but not anything regarding the ich8 chipset. I am thinking that is the genuine trouble, the USB chipset driver. I think I previously did all the windows 7 packages from Toshiba, but possibly I failed to spot one.

Clean setups were the way to go in my thinking too. However, because of a few faults. Possibly the excellent way to go, would have been to initial have done a complete system Toshiba Recovery of your Vista 32 OS, drivers, and so on, to your system's factory default out-of-the-box setup. Good and clean no untidy software/hardware updates or setups to muddle it up. And after that, to have done an in-place raise to Windows 7 32bit. I think you would have had the smallest amount of difficulty from the whole thing I have learned on many sites, and from my personal experience.