Thread: Toshiba Satellite L305 stops at BIOS splash screen

Toshiba Satellite L305 stops at BIOS splash screen

My Toshiba Satellite L305 won't boot past the BIOS splash screen. Pushing F2 or F12 does not anything. All lights emerge to be functioning in general. The HDD light switched on for a second after that is all the time off. It emerges there is no disc action. What I have attempted is:
    1. Boot from CD: The Cd rolls and sounds like it are reading it but not anything occurs.
    2. Rearranged RAM and HDD (individually so I would know if one or the other detached the problem.)
    3. Replaced RAM and HDD with known well mechanism (similar results as over.)

The CPU fan is kicking and airflow is well. Is there any method to update the BIOS from this state of booting or does it look more like a motherboard problem? Please is anyone finding any solution for this than help me.

Re: Toshiba Satellite L305 stops at BIOS splash screen

What's your complete model number, like L305-S5865? If yours is not USA model, what's your product number, for example PSLD0U-02S20D? You can locate this information on the Toshiba tag on the base of your computer. Attempt this, switch off your laptop. Remove the AC adapter from your laptop, take away the battery, after that push and grasp down the switch on button for few seconds, restore the battery and AC adapter, switch on, while you notice the Toshiba logo push 'F2' to enter BIOS Setup, push 'F9' to load BIOS Setup defaults, push 'F10' to save and exit. See if it will boot up, or let you to boot from a bootable CD/DVD, or if you can push 'F8' to enter the Advanced Boot Options menu.

I will give that an attempt to observe what occurs. I will let you know how fine/if that works and the complete model number. It is surly a US Model. I attempted your suggestion and not anything occurred. It at a standstill boots to the splash screen and is unfeeling. It is a Satellite L305D-S5934, Model No. PDLC2U-03710Q is as well on the Toshiba tag. Not certain if this number assists anything or not. If anyone here has any other ideas or any other information on how to get it to start the booting process, than let know please.

Here I just wish to add something in this case. While the unit is switched off, attempt plugging in an exterior keyboard, and notice if you can obtain 'F2' and/or 'F12' to exertion from that. If 'F2' will work, perform the 'F9', after that 'F10' thing, to load BIOS defaults. I was suggesting dissimilar attempting dissimilar RAM modules, but on re-reading your initial post, I observed you previously did that. For Your Information you are not alone.

I am at a point where I am belief it must be a motherboard problem. Is there a method to flash BIOS without utilizing the automatic update feature which Toshiba utilizes? That is a slight tricky to do with an empty screen. I in fact have the similar trouble with another manufactures laptop apart from that that one occurred later than getting a windows 7 update. Thanks for the assist and pay attention to that short vent.

While you sprint the exe file watch strongly, it should give you an alternative to perform the automatic Windows update, or to make a bootable CD. But, I think there is a timer, so that if you don't respond quickly sufficient, it attempts the automatic Windows update. If you can obtain your machine to boot off the CD, it might work. If it works, later than the update, the program will need to shutdown or restart. In spite of, on the restart attempt to push 'F2' once more as soon as you notice the Toshiba logo to enter BIOS Setup, in the setup push 'F9' to load BIOS setup defaults, after that push 'F10' to save and exit. Then just attempt to boot into Windows once more.