Thread: Toshiba Satellite A505-S6005: Webcam not working

Toshiba Satellite A505-S6005: Webcam not working

I acquired my Satellite A505-S6005 running Windows 7 about 10 months ago. A week before, the web camera quit functioning on Skype, saying it was being utilized by some other program. As well, the facial gratitude works until the template arises. The facial template that lets you setup a new face, suppress my face. I attempted some other software, and the camera works great. I have updated the drivers plus the camera software, but it is at a standstill not functioning with Skype (which I necessitate for work). I would be grateful for any advice, as I have run out of options.

Re: Toshiba Satellite A505-S6005: Webcam not working

Here, first I have one question for you. So, just tell me, have you attempted to uninstall and reinstall Skype and the software which you are using for face recognition? If you done thus than just depart into System Restore and observe if you have a restore point just earlier to while Skype stopped functioning correctly. If it’s there then, just restore your system to that point. I wish this will solve your trouble. Let me know about your status, after performing these things.

If your webcam is functioning well in other applications, excluding in Skype or Face Recognition software, it is not a hardware trouble. It is a few type of software or update trouble. You could seem at your Windows Update history, and attempt to think concerning any software, or software update, you may have loaded that might utilize the webcam and attempt uninstalling that. If not anything you understand, let's attempt to reload your core set of drivers, and your webcam driver or service yet again.

I just reinstalled as recommended. The just new software I have attached was going from Firefox to Google Chrome. It did load Google Voice Plug-in that is just used for video conferencing. I uninstalled it, but at a standstill, not functioning. I uninstalled Chrome, but no benefit. I observed that Facebook and Skype cannot place a cam. Skype will only continue clocking. Facial recognition does arise, and I notice myself. However, while the template comes up, I can at a standstill notice my setting around the template, but my face is uncreative by the template (that is training by turning left to right). I as well did a registry cleanup of appalling or fragmented registers.

I can't tell you any application which will illustrate you what is attempting to utilize the cam. But, you can utilize 'Ctrl - Shift - Esc' key together to initiate 'Task Manager', to notice what Applications and Processes are presently running and attempt to work out if any of those might be utilizing the cam. Additionally, you could attempt clicking 'Start' then enter in MSConfig.exe and click on this file, after that click the 'Startup' tab, and once more seem for any programs which might be attempting to access the cam, take away the check mark from any doubtful programs, start again, and attempt Skype once more.