Thread: chkdsk freezes after BIOS update in Satellite A665-SP6003L

chkdsk freezes after BIOS update in Satellite A665-SP6003L

Well I am using the Satellite A665-SP6003L laptop from last few months and that too with a windows 7 operating system and everything was really going well on my system but as I updated the Bios to version1.90 it started giving me some issues. I mean when the system starts and the process of chkdisk gets in to action that time the systems totally freezes now I don’t know whether it is due to the bios update or anything else but really need some help. So please help me out of the same. And one more thing I would like to mention here is that the chkdisk freezes at the stage 4.

Re: chkdsk freezes after BIOS update in Satellite A665-SP6003L

Apparently you have a physical problem hard disk bad sectors.I recommend you purchase a new hard drive and make a backup of all the information you have and if you can you can make a cloning with Norton Ghost your old disk to new and you will get everything as they had previously. Test from another computer and Internet search and download from Boot Disk is a file iso SD image you record it with Nero or another application that allows it. As you start your computer with CD among all the applications there is the Ghost to do it.

Well what do you mean by hang or freeze here because chkdisk always take some time to get in to it and complete the process. So what I want you to do here is that just try and wait until the whole process gets complete and then only you have to do anything else because I am sure that after waiting at least for few minutes will solve the issue that you are getting. I hope that doing the same will assure you what is wrong in the system and what is not.

Well I think there is something with the BIOS update which you made. So what you have to do here is that just try and see whether the you can downgrade the same. Because here in this case if the BIOS update or the up-gradation process have caused the issue then you really need to get downgrade it and I am sure once you will downgrade it then it will bring the BIOS at its original condition that is the one which was before the update and that will not cause you any further problems.

As said by you that the system freezes as you try and start the same on chkdisk. Now what I want you to do here is that just try and start the system in safe mode and that too by pressing safe mode. I am sure that once you are able to enter to the safe mode then there is a outside chance to recover the bad sectors of the system. I hope that doing in this way will allow you to get the proper solution on the system. I hope you are getting my point here.