Thread: Toshiba Satellite A505-S6960: USB double port sliding into case

Toshiba Satellite A505-S6960: USB double port sliding into case

My Toshiba A505-S6960 acquired in March 2010 at Best Buy has 2 right sided USB ports with light exercise off place. They slid off a few white Styrofoam looking bases into the case 3 weeks ago. I lastly got a flashlight and looked. I cannot attach a printer cable or modem to moreover one any more even though the ports were set. I have had 5 Satellites above the years and this has not at all occurred. Anyone have any suggestions for this? How can solve this issue?

Re: Toshiba Satellite A505-S6960: USB double port sliding into case

Generally, these parts are wave-soldered to the relevant board. Why yours became slack is tough to phantom. Be very cautious if you shift them around too much, you might smash the traces which they are, were, soldered on and they are a bend to fix. You might "wild-glue" them back in but you will at a standstill have to be very cautious while utilizing them. The ones that I have seen, later than stripping a laptop, had two, sometimes, 3 points that were more solid than just the traces. This calls for a stable hand and micro soldering as well, are you up to it.

Opened it up and originate the mount for the screw securing the USB port to the base of the laptop housing sheared off. It now emerges I purchased a replacement dual port USB for not anything. This is very unsatisfactory, as there was no reason for this breakdown. One day the whole thing was well, the next we had a trouble. I am further let down the poor craftsmanship that origin this breakdown is not covered below warranty. The breakdown type and location can just be caused by lack of manufacturer quality or by fault, and that is what the 1-year warranty is supposed to cover.

I purchased my A505-S6960 from Best Buy February 2010. I am a Certified Technician, and do not mistreatment any of my tools. Later than light irregular use, in just a few months, this trouble came up. I explored www and originate lots of others having the similar problem. Any disassembly of your Toshiba Laptop will canceled the Warranty. I have contacted Toshiba Support regarding it lots of times; they decline to acknowledge it as a design or manufacturing fault. They tell me just thing can do is send it into Depot, and that it possibly will not be enclosed by the Warranty, probably because of mistreatment.

I don't work for Toshiba and actually am not a great follower of them but there is no fault with the USB ports. Just like their power ports many people are just rougher with them than they understand. I have seen just as many, if not added Dell's, HP's, Compaq's, Sony's, Alien wares, and so on, with the similar trouble of people approaching them in. In majority cases its user error which caused it. I watched on person trip in excess of the cord falling flat on his face on the floor and after that have the courage to blame the laptop maker for the port breaking.

I at a standstill agree with those who are worried. True, lots of unintentionally injure equipment with not anything but the excellent intentions, and errors occur, that is a point of human nature I will not refute. In my personal experience, later than inspecting the insides of this PC during the mend, my engineer's eye resolute the manufacturing is not to the standards I would suppose from such a decent company. At a standstill my last Toshiba because of my closure with this product.