Thread: HDD recovery in Notebook Compaq 610 not getting started

HDD recovery in Notebook Compaq 610 not getting started

Hello everyone, I am using Compaq 610 Notebook and I am facing some problem in using the laptop. My laptop is not starting recovery whenever I am trying to do that, I have tried many things with Windows 7 repair as I am using Windows 7 ultimate 32-bit. Actually I am trying to alppy factory setting to Compaq 610, and my windows is booting to the home screen with many error. So I planned to recover HDD, at that time it is giving me “error 0xc000000f” message. So can anyone help me with this problem? thanks a lot in advance.

Re: HDD recovery in Notebook Compaq 610 not getting started

Hello, well looking at your problem, I have one solution for you. As you are using Windows 7 you can try DISC bootrec.exe/fixmbr or fixboot on other windows 7 installation. If you have done any recent update or upgrade then restore it back because it may cause the same error. Also you can solve this error by Recovery CD. You must try this step; you might fix your problem. if you found this solution working for you then just reply to the post.

Hello everyone, you will definitely solve your problem using official HP recover Kit; you will be able to perform a full system recovery when your HDD is not responding. Just download the recovery Kit from HP website. When you will recover with HP Kit, it contains windows operating system, drivers for HP hardware, and software that was originally installed on system at factory. So just go with it and you will solve the error. All the Best!

Hello, I am completely agreed with above posts. But those steps are the final last option, before that there is lots of things which you can do. You can also try s/n and p/n, which can solve your problem for the time being. If you have the CD which you got with laptop also you can do with that using repair option. If you will try with repair option it will do the temporary clean of C:\ of your windows. If then too it is not working for you then you only have last option, but in that option there are some possibilities of data lost, which you can’t bare at all. Just try this All the Best.

Hello friends, thanks for the solution of you all, I tried the step which mentioned above, as usual it didn’t work for me, so I have planned to call HP for this issue. Unfortunately I have lost all CD and I have made one CP of HP recovery but as mentioned above I can’t bare the data lost. If they will not give me proper response then I will go with last option as it is the last option for me. Anyway thanks you all again for such wonderful solutions!