Thread: Toshiba Satellite A665-S6067 resuming from Sleep

Toshiba Satellite A665-S6067 resuming from Sleep

I have an A665-s6067, now about 6 months old. Newly, I have been having problem with 'Sleep Mode'. The system will sleep well, and while I push any key or shift the mouse, the "Enter Password" login screen emerges (I have this situate to stop others from getting to my files), as it generally would. One time I type my Windows 7 password and press enter, the laptop switched totally off. It doesn't say "shutting down" or "logging off" or whatever thing, it just switch off, like what would occur if you held the Power button. Anyone have any idea why this is happening?

Re: Toshiba Satellite A665-S6067 resuming from Sleep

Here I have one suggestion for you, which help in my friend’s case. So just try this if this will useful to you too. What occurs while you boot clean? To assist troubleshoot error and other problems; you can start Windows 7 by utilizing a least set of drivers and startup applications. This sort of startup is identified as a "clean boot." A clean boot assists remove software clashes. Let me know after performing this suggestion.

I just had the similar trouble with my Toshiba A665-S6098 laptop while I upgraded to 8GB (2x4GB) of OCZ memory. While I twitted back to the unique 4GB (2x2GB), the trouble moved out. I experienced both OCZ memory modules for lot of days straight utilizing MemTest86 and originate no errors, but right away later than re-installing them another time, my system started crashing while waking from Sleep mode. I can wake from Hibernation with no troubles, but while waking from Sleep mode, the laptop fan revs up truly high for about few seconds earlier than switching off- no BSOD or additional error is specified.

I am troubleshooting a very similar problem with an A665-S6093. I at first thought it was joined to installing Windows 7, but later than a clean installation and the most recent drivers, I truly consider it is the BIOS or a few hardware troubles with 8 GB RAM installed. I have followed several how-to documents troubleshooting sleep problems, but not anything looks to resolve the trouble. A few additional details: PC goes into hibernate in general, and wakes usually. But while going to sleep, goes to sleep normally, but on wake, the CPU fan goes to greatest speed for few seconds, display illustrates login screen or desktop and instantly shuts down uncleanly.

I freshly upgraded to 8 GB of RAM, similar speed as the unique memory which was installed. I just confirmed by means of CPU-Z that it is running the similar timings and speed as old memory. I ran Memtest86+ and PC-Check trials lengthily to exclude the memory being terrible itself. Backed up an image of my Windows 7 setup and re-installed a clean copy with all present drivers from Toshiba's site. Troubles at a standstill continue.

It looks as if the trouble resuming from sleep occurs whenever there is above 4 GB of memory setup in the laptop. I place the original 4 GB back in and it continues from sleep well. Just attempt it with 6 GB and it switch off while resuming from sleep, similar with the 8 GB installed. It would look as if the BIOS require an update, and it would be immense if Toshiba would seem into this for us. My job needs me to run virtual machines, so in excess of 4 GB of memory is a necessity for me, and I would favor to keep the ability to situate the laptop to sleep.