Thread: Toshiba Satellite A205-S4597: Boot process freezes

Toshiba Satellite A205-S4597: Boot process freezes

I am having a weird trouble and have been having the similar trouble for some time now. I am not able to utilize the keyboard during the boot series later than the BIOS have completed loading to choose any alternatives or anything. If I attempt then it just freezes any countdown there was or else I just get no reaction. I can utilize it after the OS boots up or after a few types of bootable CD have completed booting but not before then. I have observed that the keyboard won't freeze stuff up if the HDD is not in. I can at a standstill boot up from exterior media and this time shoving keys will not freeze anything and they will acquire a response. So not certain what is up with that. Does anybody have any ideas? I have attempted plugging in a PS2 keyboard with a USB adaptor but that doesn't look to work during the boot process.

Re: Toshiba Satellite A205-S4597: Boot process freezes

You could attempt to 'reset' your system. But, if you can't utilize your keyboard, I am not certain the first piece of the operation will bring it back. However, it can't harm anything to attempt. Power off your PC, remove the AC power adapter from the laptop, take out the battery, and in your case as well take out the Hard Disk Drive (HDD), push and hold down the power button for few seconds, swap the battery and AC power only, switch on your machine, and the moment you see the Toshiba logo attempt to push the 'F2' key to enter the BIOS Setup, push 'F9' to load setup defaults, push 'F10' to save and exit. Switch off the PC once more, replace your HDD, and after that see if you can utilize the keyboard with HDD in.

I attempted "resetting the system but unluckily that did no good. I can acquire into the BIOS. It looks to be just after the BIOS have completed initializing that the troubles with the keyboard start. After that the troubles vanish while the OS is completely loaded. Just trouble is now I can't get the OS to load completely. So I don't know what to carry out. I attempted to restore to the factory settings with the Toshiba System Disk partition which is on my hard drive but can't look to get that to work. It doesn't broach anything while I hold "0" down. Not certain why that trouble is there but it is. I have been able to back up all the data on the hard drive.

Take out the hard drive, and attempt the system reset once more. Take the time to read the recommended instructions cautiously and attempt to follow them. Report back what occurs while you actually do that. How did you situate the BIOS defaults if you couldn’t obtain into the BIOS? How do you acquire a bootable CD to boot, if you necessitate touching a key to get it to boot? You can make bootable BIOS update CD, in place of a floppy disk. Attempt that. Do not remove any partitions! Go back into Windows, click on 'Start' and type in recovery and click on the Recovery Media Creator; you will possibly require 3 DVDs. Make a set of recovery disks and attempt to boot off those to reconstruct your system.

The bootable CD I boast with the backup program on it does not need me to push a key in order for it to boot up. I guess dissimilar bootable surroundings make you do dissimilar things to cause them to boot up. This one didn't need anything apart from either putting that at the pinnacle of the boot series or choosing the cd/DVD choice from the boot menu. So that wasn't a trouble. Another one: I can push keys when the BIOS are starting or loading or anything you call it. It is just after that that the troubles begin. Later than Windows begins loading I guess.

I don't think purchasing a USB floppy drive is going to charge you much. Yet again, if you can't carry out that, for anything reason, you can at a standstill make the bootable BIOS update CD on any additional computer, in place of utilizing a floppy. But, given that a few CDs will boot, furthers won't, I think you would have more achievement with a bootable floppy. If you are you able to push 'F8' in time to acquire to the 'Advanced Boot Options' menu, attempt: Pushing the Zero Key when powering on the Computer Does Not initiate the Toshiba Recovery Wizard.