Thread: Upgrading memory of Toshiba Satellite A665-S6094

Upgrading memory of Toshiba Satellite A665-S6094

I have a Toshiba Satellite A665-S6093 which is unable to resume (get up up) standby (S3). The team will go to sleep normally, but wake up the system using the power button, the CPU fan turns on high, and the logon screen of Windows appears as it should. But within 1-2 seconds, the system shuts down immediately. There is no written record to the Windows system logs or error message, the only indication of something that happened is the boot screen shows an improper shutdown.
    Hibernation is working correctly. I think the problem may be related to having 8 GB of RAM installed, as I have eliminated most other options. I have updated all drivers, turn off all devices capable of waking from sleep, "followed the instructions for troubleshooting Windows 7 sleep problems, and reinstall Windows 7 to verify that is not related to Windows 7 SP1 or Windows updates otherwise. I observed other new models which have BIOS updates to resolve the problem that have 8 GB of RAM installed, that are why maybe the only solution is a BIOS upgrade as well as memory. Please tell me what will be effect when I upgrade the memory for Toshiba satellite?.

Re: Upgrading memory of Toshiba Satellite A665-S6094

It is listed as the memory of your machine. Kingston ® 4 GB PC3-8500 1066MHz DDR3 notebook memory module Part Number: KTT1066D3/4G .Total price: $ 76.99 .You can probably get for less elsewhere but I would stick with the same manufacturer and part number if the system is still in warranty. I am telling you about Kingston for an example. In the market many brand is available with different price. It is depend on you, what do you purchase? If you upgrade memory by which your laptop will be very fast than before.

I have done some process first I uninstalled the driver which is provided by NVIdIA and then reboot and reinstall the NVIdIA driver from Toshiba from the given link. No changes in the function of sleep, still goes to sleep properly, but the resumption of the CPU fan reaches its maximum value, and within 1-2 seconds immediately turns off. These happen if you use the power button or keyboard waking which is enabled in the BIOS. I observed another extraordinary symptom. I connected an external mouse. With the USB mouse connected to the USB port below the ExpressCard port (on the left front corner). If I put the computer to sleep, the system resumes or moves the mouse to wake the outside and is usable. The CPU fan is at a usual speed and everything is fine. But if I remove the USB mouse, the CPU fan immediately went at full speed and made an immediate shutdown system. This worked a few times, but then later try to use the same method did not get up up properly. Strange...

I am also facing this same problem on my laptop A665-S6094. I recently upgraded to 8GB of RAM of g. Skill, same speed as the unique memory that was installed. Checked using CPU-Z is running the same times and speed of the old memory. Ran Memtest86 + and PC-Check tests to rule broadly memory is evil itself. Backup image of my installation of Windows 7 and reinstall a fresh copy to all current drivers from Toshiba website. Problems still persists. It seems as if the issue of resumption of sleep occurs when more than 4 GB of memory installed on the laptop. I put reverse the original 4GB and it resumes from sleep. Tested with 6 GB and powers off when resuming from sleep, the similar with 8GB installed.
    It seems as if the BIOS want an update, and it would be great if Toshiba would be in this for us. My job requires me to run virtual machines and more than 4 GB of memory is a necessity for me, and I prefer to retain the ability to put the laptop to sleep.

Yes first I uninstalled the NVidia-provided driver; Toshiba sometimes twist the chips and the drivers. If you installed some other non-Toshiba driver or connected software, guess that too. You would not hurt to try one or two other display drivers which you will find on Toshiba site. This worked a few times, but then subsequent tries using the same method did not get up properly. That is disappointing. As if irregular hardware is interfering and then removes the current RAM and swap with the original 4 GB to validate it is related to having 8 GB RAM installed.

Toshiba Satellite A665-S6094 Notebook 16 "Information provided by Intel. Find out extra about WiMAX. Wireless service plan, sold individually. DVD-SuperMulti (+ /-R double layer) with Label flash. No Bluetooth means No Antenna. WiMAX service does not exist in all areas. 740QM Intel Core i7 processor, 640 GB hard drive (5400 RPM), 4 GB of DDR3 memory. Intel WiMAX 4G included Internet right to use to go away at speeds of mobile broadband in coming generation. 4G mobile WiMAX ultra-fast broadband to keep on connected anyplace it means service contract. Make CDs and DVDs with best superiority labels with this laptop that features a dual layer DVD-RW / CD-RW technology Labelflash. Please learn more about Intel processors. Innovative Windows 7 Home Premium (64 bit), 35 hours of battery life. TruBrite HD display with LED backlight.