Thread: CQ56 Compaq Presario webcam

CQ56 Compaq Presario webcam

I have recently bought CQ56 Compaq Presario laptop with windows 7and when I bought this the shop executive told me that the webcam is built with the screen. Now I am trying to search the web cam in my laptop and I have spent so many hours behind that but till now I am not able to search the web cam in my laptop. Whenever I click on the webcam button I get the message saying that there is no webcam is connected. I don’t know what is wrong with my laptop. Please help me with this, can anyone knows how to start webcam in CQ56 Compaq Presario?

Re: CQ56 Compaq Presario webcam

If you are not able to start the webcam of your laptop then try to open the MEDIA SMART in your laptop which comes with laptop. Because sometime companies assign some devices with it genuine software, and we can access to this device only by using those software. So just start the MEDIA SMART installed in your laptop and after opening that try to open webcam. I think this will be helpful to you. To solve your problem. I hope this will make some difference.

I have tried to open my webcam in MEDIA SMART as you suggested me in previous post but after trying this also I am still not able to open my webcam. Is there anything wrong with my laptop or is there any chance of having defective model. I don’t know what to do now but I am very frustrated. Please anyone who knows how to start the webcam in CQ56 Compaq Presario then please post your suggestion here. I will be very happy to have solution as soon as possible.

After reading all your issues I have one more solution to which can help you to solve your problem. Sometimes in new laptops company may not gives us preinstalled drivers except for graphic and sound so if there is no webcam drivers is installed then we have to manually install the drivers from the drivers cd which comes with the laptop kit. So insert that cd and install the webcam drivers from that cd. If drivers were missing from the laptop then after this installation it will be work perfectly and you will be able to use your webcam.

If you have already installed the drivers and after that also you are not able switch on the webcam then just open my computer and go to its properties and after that click on device manager which is located on top left side of the properties window in that device manager you will find the webcam option is listed there. Now right click on it and enable it. After that also if you are not able start the camera then reinstall the driver and restart the laptop. After that all the things will working fine.

Thank you so much. I was very upset when I saw that in my laptop web cam is not working and after that I thought also that my laptop has no web cam. But when I read all this post and I tried in my laptop and finally I have enabled it from the device manager. And I really appreciate all the help and information provided by you. Now my web cam is functioning like a champ. And all the problems are gone. So I am very happy now. Thanks a lot guys.

i am having the same problem could you please explain in a bit more detail how to get it to work

Quote Originally Posted by socksare4yourfeet View Post
    i am having the same problem could you please explain in a bit more detail how to get it to work
    If you have the CQ56-109WM model version of the laptop that I am afraid to tell you that it is not equipped with Webcam. This model version of the laptop has the capacity to ADD the webcam, and that this particular model does not come with it. It is an accessories item. If you will send it to the company then they can install the webcam and give it to you or else you can also buy a portable webcam at Wal-Mart, Best Buy.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

Quote Originally Posted by Rainer View Post
    Thank you so much. I was very upset when I saw that in my laptop web cam is not working and after that I thought also that my laptop has no web cam. But when I read all this post and I tried in my laptop and finally I have enabled it from the device manager. And I really appreciate all the help and information provided by you. Now my web cam is functioning like a champ. And all the problems are gone. So I am very happy now. Thanks a lot guys.
    can you tell me how did you start your camera

Quote Originally Posted by yokano View Post
    can you tell me how did you start your camera
    Could you please explain in details, why you want to know how to start a camera? Which laptop/computer are you using? To start a camera you need to install its driver in your laptop or pc. And then from the control panel or the camera's program you can easily open the camera and click pictures or either videos if you want.

i use CQ56 Compaq Presario, and camera works when i use skype or msn , but if i want to start cam without using that applications i cant find where to start it , sorry my english is not very well

Quote Originally Posted by yokano View Post
    i use CQ56 Compaq Presario, and camera works when i use skype or msn , but if i want to start cam without using that applications i cant find where to start it , sorry my english is not very well
    Download a software called NCH Software that has a number of programs designed specifically for your webcam. Chat, record, stream, survey and more. All the programs listed below are free to download and it only takes seconds to install each program and start making full use of your webcam. Hope that helps.