Thread: Poor Battery Life of HP Envy 14 1210

Poor Battery Life of HP Envy 14 1210

I just pay money for my Envy 14 a couple of days before and I have become aware of the even on top of the power saving Intel graphics, the computer information an hour and 5 minutes of battery life subsequent to a complete charge? Isn't it theoretical to provide at least 2-2.5 hours? My power preparation is set to HP suggested. Please help me to solve this problem. I am waiting for your replies. Any help and suggestions are greeted.

Re: Poor Battery Life of HP Envy 14 1210

First of all, you have to shut down the notebook, and remove the connection of AC Adapter, and then you have to remove the battery, and after that suppress the Power button meant for a complete minute. at the moment, plug within the AC Adapter not including the battery inserted, and following to this start the notebook, and release windows Control Panel, unlock Device Manager, and then enlarge the entry intended for Batteries, after that right click on top of and the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery and select Uninstall - do not uninstall whatever thing as well here. As soon as uninstall is complete, shut down the PC, and remove connection of the AC Adapter, and then re-insert the battery and after that start the PC resting on immediately the battery. Windows automatically reinstall the driver - Windows stops running for a few minutes. Shut down your computer again. Now connect the AC adapter (battery still inserted) and turning on the laptop. When the battery is completely charged, to observe if it now shows a better running time.

Hello thank you for your reply. I follow your information and according to that I made changes in my system .but still it’s not working for me. It doesn’t look as if to recover my battery life. by the side of complete charge it demonstrate 1 hour 11 min left. If you comprise some suggestions regarding this why I'm receiving such an unfortunate battery life further than a brand fresh machine. Then please let me be acquainted with. What you think.

The quantity of time your notebook will run on top of a complete charge is as a minimum half the time I would be expecting. As your machine is brand fresh, I would come back it to the vendor and obtain a substitution as these sounds similar to their possibly will be a Hardware/battery problem. I hope now you are clear with your doubt. If you still have a doubt regarding to it then try to find it on internet I am sure you will get appropriate solution there. Thank you.

I have come to have this problem with my new HP Envy 14. The same model, except that I bought mine from Amazon. HP supports were not very useful to help determine the core problem, so I asked Amazon for a replacement. The maximum battery life was reported about 1 hour and 15 minutes, with high energy minimum (lowest brightness setting, Intel graphics, and backlit keyboard off, power save settings). Hopefully this problem can be solved (for both) and we can go to enjoy these great machines, which proved to be nearly perfect except for this outstanding issue.