Thread: How to get tablet to see Wi-Fi tether on android phone

How to get tablet to see Wi-Fi tether on android phone

I needed to be able to utilize my tablet on the internet anyplace. I was going to utilize my wireless tether on my Android phone, but the tablet doesn't notice the wireless from my phone. All my PCs, desktops, and laptops notice the wireless on my phone very well, but not the tablet. Does anybody know a method to obtain the tablet to see the phone Wi-Fi? I have heard there is a method to perform it, but I haven't been able to place anything online thus far telling you how to perform it. Thanks in advance for your help!

Re: How to get tablet to see Wi-Fi tether on android phone

Here I must say something about your problem. how much I know or how much I have idea about this, Your tablet can't notice it because android devices can't attach to ADHOC and you might not have identified what to look for because there are as a minimum many threads with tethering fixed in many forum search for how to tether phone to tablet and in that all there are lot of links to dissimilar sites that might work.

I don't know if you have had any fortune up till now but, I have productively tethered my 7015 and my android phone jointly and it works immense. I rooted my phone and after that rooted my tablet the following day. One time you have achieved rooting both after that you require to install "wireless tether application" on the phone and search for "gscript.zip" containing the 5 files you require which comprises the "wpa_supplicant.conf" file that needs the tablet to discover the signal from the phone.

My sympathetic is you have to have this so that you can attach to either infrastructure wireless or ADHOC, and you can't do together without editing the file. Is that right? Why hasn't somebody written an application to exchange the files back and forth or a bit to toggle between infrastructure and ad-hoc wireless? I would be willing to pay $8 to $9 for such an application. Anybody that can perform this and is willing to accomplish so stand to make a ton of money.

You can utilize "GScript" or "GScript lite" to amass the commands to toggle back a forth. Make a back up of the unique file so and name it in somehow you can differentiate it as the one for in FRAstructure form for instance "wpa_supplicantwifi.bak" and I would make one more backup of the unique file just in case so you would have a few fall back on. Edit it the first time to permit ADHOC connection and call it for instance "wpa_supplicantadhoc.bak", then you can utilize GScript to rename the presently utilized file (ADHOC or Wi-Fi) to the back up and shift the one that you wish to utilize to the necessary file name "wpa_supplicant.conf" ... there's a bit more to it than that but you should be able to get the list of it, you are just renaming the file to support and renaming the further file so the system can distinguish it. After that doing the similar but in opposite to the other file to get from one Wi-Fi state to the other.