Thread: Few question on Coby Kyros 7015 Tablet

Few question on Coby Kyros 7015 Tablet

I just purchased a couple of Coby Kyros 7015 tablets for my brother and sister. These are the first tablets I have purchased and my first experience with Android OS, so I have some queries. First, I have downloaded lot of non functioning applications and was speculating if there is means to filter the application market to these precise devices. Is there a way to upgrade the operating system to android 2.2, I think my brother and sister would like the flash support for web games and videos. And something else which you think would effortlessness my entrance into these devices and the operating system would be respected.

Re: Few question on Coby Kyros 7015 Tablet

Here I have few things which I would like to share with you. There is no means to know what applications will and won’t exertion on tablets except they need 2.2 then you can be guaranteed they won’t work and presently there is no 2.2 update for your appliance. You will have to wait for Coby to release a 2.2 update if they ever accomplish. Because if you attempted to utilize a ROM from somewhere else it possibly won't have the HDMI output that this ROM has. Then you would misplace that function.

I just got my Kyros 7015 last week. I was mislaid and puzzled. Here is what I establish. No so far there is no 2.2 upgrade. As a minimum that is what everybody is telling me. I have difficulty going online with my network but have no problem going on other people’s routers. If you go to YouTube utilize the icon on the desktop but utilize the sysdev option while they inquire you. You can't obtain the flash application if you don't have 2.2. I am start to like this thing the more I learn regarding its functioning. Your bro and sis possibly got it going quicker than I did. Good luck.

I acquired a COBY 7015 2 weeks before and right away upgraded to the 7015A edition using the instructions and upgrade file on the COBY site. The tablet works just superb and when I have read regarding all the attempts to restore the stock ROM with an better one so that the user has total control over the operating system I have opposed as I just don’t see the advantage at this time. The tablet works just fine with all the stock software, applications and some new ones which I added from the Android Market Place or additional sources.

Yes me too, and that said I did miss the capacity to exhibit Flash video files while browsing the web. Later than a few researches I downloaded the Skyfire web browser that has Flash support, and place the downloaded file on the COBY’s SD card in the origin directory. Using a file manager which I installed on the COBY I establish the Skyfire file on the SD card, twice clicked on it and it asked me if I required installing the program. After the installation completed I opened the new browser and steered to the NY Times site. A popup illustrated that a flash video was obtainable on the page and I clicked on it. To my nice disclosure and after a few buffering, the video played full screen and with audio. I went to other sites and had the similar outcome. I can watch Flash video files with no hacks or rooting to the hoard COBY OS. Infrequently the video playback begins out as a reddish transparent looking video but within 30 seconds or so it starts to play with standard colors.

I have the similar opinion that the Coby Kyros 7015 is an excellent unit "away of the box". I have contained it entrenched with Google market, had clockwork on it and have relapsed back to 100% stock (to repeat myself of the dissimilarity) and truthfully have not returned it to the rooted / market state as I am taking pleasure in it as it is now. I will download Skyfire and attempt that later than seeing you have success with it.