Page 1 of 3 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Reinstall Android OS on my tablet.

sad Reinstall Android OS on my tablet.

I have an "ePad". It is basically a knock off iPad (Who can beat a tablet for $100 bucks that is bigger than an iPad!?). On it is a copy of Android 2.1. I recently corrupted it somehow (I assume, don't ask me how). It loads to a loading screen and just sits there and loads forever. I normally have to take a pin to press the small reset button or just let it die.

I need to find out a way to reinstall the AOS on it. The device isn't a "common device" (it was bought while on a trip to China =P), it has just recently gained some popularity (last time I google searched it, I got very few results, most not even pertaining to the ePad).

The device has lots of ports including a MicroSD reader, an adapter slot so I can connect it to my network (and later the internet) via LAN. It also has a USB slot on the side (so I can stick my USB stick in and open files).

Because it is such an uncommon device, I can't find anything about installing anything new on it. How would I go about this?

Thanks if you can help!

You can see the device here:
    http://www.amazon.com/Zenithink-Touc.../dp/B0041FFJQA

I only paid $100 for it though

Re: Reinstall Android OS on my tablet.

I think that it is a china based tablet and therfore it is not possible to reinstall the Android OS in it again; not with your skill level at least. Return it and ask for an Android version. You would require your firmware version so that you will be able to flash your tablet to the android version, then you will have to connect your tablet to the computer and install usb driver and many much things, this is just a brief idea that I am giving you.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

Hi

I got an Android based tablet like yours from eBay.

I made a mistake and did a factory restore but not all the apps came back. I did this by pressing and holding the power button for 15 seconds or more.

However i now want to reload the complete 2.2 o/s. I am quite technical (on PCs at least) and wondered if you got an answer yet?

Can anyone help me? How do i reload the O/S? I can do a windows system standing on my head !!! What about Androids?

thanks

Affection Re: Reinstall Android OS on my tablet.

what model # on bar code?
    if it starts with zt
    go to Zenithink.com (not the usa one)

go to firmware and find your model # and download it.

if ur epad has a tf (micro sd) slot, unzip the firmware you downloaded and put the files on the sd card. ( mine had 8 files, boot logo, system.tar, usr.tar and zlmage. zimage adb. zimagefactory. zimage ums. zimage update.)

put the card in the epad (epad off)

power epad on while holding the button on the side (the one big button on the face of the screen) hold until the epad finds zimage update .

let go. watch it flash for about 5-8 minutes. it will reboot when your done.
    (you can install windows ce as well as android 2.2 with this method)

I have zt-180 10" 512mb 4g android 2.2. with custom roms. flash player too!

I have problem with android tablet 2.2 after i did factory reset , when make it on the screen give me android sign and no more control , even i can't put it off unless to use the Pin hole to reset , can you help me ?
    thanks

sounds like you may need to "FLASH" your phone. is it a Zenithink epad...you can tell by the model number. check out Zenithink.com and see if your tablet is there. download the right software.

or tell me your model number and ill help you get it running again.

my option is the reset button is useless unless your tablet freezes and you can't pop out the battery so next best thing is the reset button. ( never froze yet)

my android 2.2 MID model FR-809 THANKS YOU IN ADVANCE

8" screen android tablet named in http://zenithink.com/Epro_166.html PRODUCE NAME:8"

great! if your sure that's your tablet...and not just on that looks like it then download the firmware for it.

install like previous post.

here is the rom you need
    this isn't free! ill keep looking for one that's free

store.payloadz.com/details/911419-software-developer-freescale-imx515-android-2.2-release-fr809-fs-805-no-screws-2-side-speakers-.html

google fr809 roms. or imc515. rom to see if there are free ones.

once u have the firmware follow instructions. or ask here!

good luck. it may take time but its worth it to say you did it yourself!

thanks , I can buy it if it will work , but my problem that no control of my android when i open it just the screen show android sign , and no more control even if i connect to my PC.
    how i can download the software in this case ?
    thanks

Try the below steps to install android in your tablet:

1. Insert a standard SD card into your computer’s media reader.
    2. Download this file and save it to the root of the SD card, not in any folder.
    3. Do not extract the contents of the ZIP file, leave it as a ZIP archive.
    4. Do not rename the file. Do not allow your browser to change the name of the file. If necessary, change it back.
    5. With the Tablet powered off, press and hold the volume up button (keep holding), then press and hold the power button at the same time.
    6. Keep holding both buttons, the screen will read he Tablet first, and then the Android robot and software package icons will appear on the screen with a progress bar.
    7. You may now release the buttons and allow the process to complete.
    8. When done, the tablet load will reappear and the unit should then load normally.

Dear Pugsly

is this for my android 2.2 FR-809 ?

yes above steps are given for the android 2.2 FR-809 and i hope this will help you to solve your issue.

thanks , i downloaded it but not work, did i unzip the file if it will not work , u told me keep it as its < waiting your valuable reply
    thanks

as i said that dont unzip and ont rename the Zip file and after that follow the steps given under that.

Page 1 of 3 12 ... LastLast