Thread: RAM not working in Toshiba T215D S1150

RAM not working in Toshiba T215D S1150

I have been comprised a tough time with raise the memory on my new laptop. I ordered some memory- and with both sticks setup, the system would power up, but rearrange itself earlier than post. With one stick setup, it would identify it in BIOS, but at a standstill wouldn't boot. Thought it could be faulty RAM- so I sent it back. Prearranged one more set from a different brand, and it would do the similar thing with both modules installed. If I detached 1 module, or, had 1 module + the OE 2GB module, the structure would boot up just well. Odd thing though, while it's doing the reset-cycle, you have to drag the battery to get it to stop, so I flipped it over to drag it, and it booted with 8GB. Anyone have any idea which helps me to solve thus issue?

Re: RAM not working in Toshiba T215D S1150

I just hate to place Newegg in the middle of this, but, Toshiba isn't actually giving me much of a sensible choice, and Newegg’s return policy is swap for new just within the first 30 days. How many can I send back earlier than Newegg says enough is enough or earlier than my 30 days are up? As for Level 2 Tech Support, I didn't get contacted back today. I hesitation they will at this point, 30 minutes to an hour for recall- that went by and I called another time, and they said "sometime today" - really?

Only thing odd I saw regarding the one I had was the chipset scheduled by CPU-z did not match what is supposed to be. It was planned as 785G but should be 880G, the southern was right. Don't know if this is causing our problem. Crucial could not conclude the correct memory on a scan either. Speculate if they are placing the incorrect chipset in and so the advertised memory will not work with the incorrect build. I am sending my original laptop back, similar problem 30 day return. Unluckily I can't swap, I have to repurchase every time.

I am just attempting to upgrade a Toshiba T215D-S1140 to 8GB. Had a call with Toshiba support and they confirmed clock speed of the RAM, and so on, but it would not take the novel memory modules in any way. It would boot up, go through the post after that lock up with a single, white, non-blinking cursor in the higher left hand corner. They recommended I return it to Newegg. Might attempt a few other RAM first, but I see you previously attempted that.

The second laptop and put of coordinated memory and I left it overnight and it booted. Though, while any BIOS update it will take approximately 20 minutes to post. Toshiba please work out what is incorrect with these BIOS and extinguish a patch. 6 GB it has a usual response time even while the memory is first setup, only 8 GB cause a HD spin/click sound which can just be stopped by eliminating power and battery or waiting over 20 minutes.

I just understand the problem. I first attempted G.SKILL F3-8500CL7D-8GBSQ from Newegg. While that didn't work I called Crucial and was notified that CT2KIT51264BC1067 would exertion. That doesn't actually work any better. I can obtain mine to boot up with 8GB, if I keep attempting, but generally it is the similar incessant cycling earlier than anything even shows up on the screen and it isn't worth attempting that tough. Mine will as well go into the similar cycling mode infrequently if I have one of the 4 GB modules with the unique 2GB module.