Thread: Is it possible to embed Nvidia Quadro card on Toshiba Qosmio X500-Q900S laptop?

Is it possible to embed Nvidia Quadro card on Toshiba Qosmio X500-Q900S laptop?

Hello everyone, I wanted to share and discuss something with you all that’s why I am writing on this forum today. I am currently using Toshiba Qosmio X500 – Q900S laptop along with Nvidia Gforce 460M. This graphic card is quite older and I have got bored of it. so my question is that, is it possible to change it? I am planning to take Nvidia Quadro so is that possible that, I should add this card on my own? Please guys reply to this post, I am stuck a lot, thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Is it possible to embed Nvidia Quadro card on Toshiba Qosmio X500-Q900S laptop?

Hello, your question is quite good. I am feeling bad to inform you that, no you can’t do this on your own. Even you cannot change the GPU; I am using the same laptop with same graphic card. The GPU would have to fit and must have proper cooling. And also I would like to inform you that Quadro boards are not generally for gaming purpose. In addition 460m supports Nvidia 3D version already, if it worked with 3D I am sure Toshiba would say so in the Specs or on the Website for this model, which mostly they don’t. if you want to do such thing in your laptop you must give it to company, they can only do this for you. I hope my answer will satisfy your query. All the Best!

Re: Is it possible to embed Nvidia Quadro card on Toshiba Qosmio X500-Q900S laptop?

Hello I have read the above post and I must say that my friend is absolutely right. I wanted to share some more about it that, besides all above, you really don’t want to take your laptop apart unless you really know what you are doing. Why do you need stereoscopic? If it is to use Nvidia 3D version glasses, there us a work around but you will need to use external monitor, you might need a monitor which support the glasses and splitter which will split your HDMI signal into Two DVI output connectors. So as per my opinion don’t try use such option. The puzzles are not matching each other.

Yes above both the replies are true and also I wanted to add more on this column is, suppose if you do such thing and you manage with DVI output connectors, after that you connect to external display, then too you will get about 100mhz refresh rate and that is bare minimum for glasses to work. After that you will face some issues with overheating and upgrading hardware. So it is of no use and it is completely wastage of time doing such things.

Hello everyone, thanks a lot for the reply, actually I wanted to do stereoscopic because I am building an OpenGL a product which will need to use 3D visions. I wanted to do experiment, and I wanted to do it on laptop anyhow. Actually as per my knowledge only on Quadro cards you have support for the OpenGL buffers, which creates the 3D vision. But now I got it that I won’t be able to do that in this laptop. Hey thanks a lot again, you all had given me great knowledge.