Thread: Memory Stick unable to work in PSP

Memory Stick unable to work in PSP

I am having a PSP with me and would say that it is an amazing gadget and I just love using it. But the thing is that now I am having some kind of problems in it. The issue is that the PSP Memory Stick which was present is now unable to work.I don’t know what the reason is but it doesn’t work at all with me.So can you tell me what the reason is for this as also do let me know what I need to do to solve the problem that I am facing.

Re: Memory Stick unable to work in PSP

I just had a look at the question that you have put up and would say that have you tried using it with PC.What I mean to say is that does it work on a PC? You can check it out with it and see if it works for you or not.It it works then there will be some kind of problems with the PSP.And in case if it doesn’t work then I guess that the Memory stick must be faulty.SO this is what I feel and you just need to have a look at it first.

When I went through the question that you have out up at the first instance I didn’t understand at all what you are trying to say.What I mean by that is what do you mean by it won't work? It isn't recognized by the PSP? Or you can't fill the stick? So need to be a lot more clear and then it would be better for me to solve the problem that you are facing.And you need to reply to this as soon as possible so that we can help you in getting away with the issue.

Thanks a lot for the solutions that you have provided and would say that I am really happy with the immediate replies which you have provided. Now coming back to the question I would say that it was working fine un till one day I plugged into my PSP and it suddenly wasn't working. The orange light on the left side of the PSP just kept blinking for some time. This has happened with my official sony memory stick I got when I first bought my 2000. I have tried blowing it and stuff but it wouldn't work.

Even I had a similar kind of problem where the memory stick was not working.I had a problem with a Duo stick I bought through Amazon. What I did was that I tried to put movies on the stick and then while doing so every movie that I added would come up as a corrupted file.And this happened to all the movies that were present and I tried to add. Then I found out from the repair store that the memory stick was a fake of sorts and those don't work properly.So I guess that even you can try out this and see if this works for you or not.

When you plugged the memory stick into your PSP did you drop the unit or pushed too much force on the stick? This is because even that can cause you a problem .I used to have a 1000 and then I had a similar kind of problem with it and that too this problem occurred twice. Also I would say that first it got dropped so hard that the pins became very loose and then during the second time the memory stick board went ruined and had to be replaced.