Thread: Toshiba Mini NB505-N500BL Memory Upgrade

Toshiba Mini NB505-N500BL Memory Upgrade

So the online Toshiba specs declare the 505 has 1GB DDR3 memory but the suggested replacement and upgrade is DDR2. Can a 2 GB DDR3 be setup in the Toshiba mini NB505-N500BL Netbook? If so, what's the element number? Anyone here has any idea for this. I just try to search these on many sites and on many forums but can’t find anything. Plus Toshiba also can’t provide me any more details on this. So please if anyone here het any idea on this than, please let me know.

Re: Toshiba Mini NB505-N500BL Memory Upgrade

I don’t know who says this to you and where you find this but as per me Toshiba DDR2-800MHz 2GB Memory Module. And for your more information I would like to add something. It has extensive been known that more memory boosts your system's performance- actually more memory can actually boost your battery life as well. Other profit of adding more memory comprises quicker boot-up and the capability to run manifold programs concurrently. Double Data Rate 2 (DDR2) memory presents maximum data transfer rates to boost performance of memory concentrated applications for example streaming video, graphics and CAD programs.

I also wish to add some useful comment for you here. The NB505-N500BL can certainly be upgraded from a 1GB memory to 2GB's, except the OS is Windows Starter. You will require Microsoft Windows 7 premium or advanced. This I discover from Toshiba later than installing the exact module and after that finding out that the Windows Experience Index would not modernize. I wish this will save anyone that does not hope to upgrade their OS some time.

I newly acquired a Toshiba NB505-N500BL notebook. I improve the OS to Microsoft 7 Professional and obtained the 1 GB memory upgrade from Toshiba-Direct. What I wish to make out is this, is there a free slot to put in the memory to? I have not unlocked the back up till now to see, but I have observed many users just purchasing the 2 GB upgrade and installing it. So earlier than I proceed, I would like to know if there is a free slot for one more 1 GB memory card in the NB505. I have 18+ years of IT experience and have raised lots of notebooks, just want to be certain in case it just has 1 slot, that way I can return the memory and buy a 2 GB module earlier than worrying to open the case.

Hi actually I am new and have not up till now Buy the Notebook , but I am going to and I required to upgrade it , but I read your comment and currently I don’t know if financially speaking I can, just to be clear I cannot improve the memory if I don’t upgrade the software? I am just read-through, because there is no method I can pay the 119 USD that I believe the windows 7 price, and more things has anyone change window 7 to Window XP, is this probable or would it do a bit to the computer.

I upgraded to Windows 7 Pro with 1 GB, just needed 2 GB because memory is so cheap at present. I love this small critter. It shapes a nice offline Netbook, nice travel Netbook, and so on. The just thing I have to purchase next is a USB DVD-RW for it and I am set. I as well purchased the bundle, memory stick, etc. Grand price point there as well, and after that found a nice transport case on eBay for Netbooks. So I would go for it, I greatly recommend it if you are appearing for a small, portable Netbook. I have not at all had troubles with my Toshiba products.