Thread: Getting “Nvidia driver has stopped working” message on Toshiba M500-S433

Getting “Nvidia driver has stopped working” message on Toshiba M500-S433

I purchased a Toshiba M500-S433 laptop few days ago and on one very nice day the screen of my laptop goes blank for few sec and a warning saying that "Nvidia driver has stopped functioning and have recovered 187.98" I am utilizing a Core i5 430m processor, Nvidia GeForce 310m, Window 7. Anyone have any solution for this? Please if anyone finds any solution or any useful information for this than please provide me.

Re: Getting “Nvidia driver has stopped working” message on Toshiba M500-S433

I have the similar trouble. I have my GeForce 330M and Toshiba Satellite A 500-1GL and I m speculating should I get it back to shop or just stay for a few solution from Toshiba team. I think that’s simply a driver trouble it’s possibly not well-matched with windows 7 sufficient I see that information while I watch movies from websites. My operating system is Win7 64x, processor is core i3. Don’t be anxious I heard the reports on Nvidia site that shortly there going to be update for complete 300 m series.

This is truly amazing. I just purchased my Satellite A500-1H5 2 day ago, and coming out of the box this similar exact error keeps occurrence to it. I acquired an Intel i5 processor and the Nvidia GeForce graphics card. Occasionally at random, the screen will flicker black for a few seconds, after that the message will arise saying "Display driver congested responding and has recovered - display driver NVIDIA Kernel Mode Driver, Version 187.98 congested responding and has productively recovered."

I have my new satellite A500/O2J. I did a googling using terms from the fault message and establish this looks to be a recurring trouble. I called Toshiba support and they stated they had not at all heard of this occurrence. I know that isn't correct just by reading the explanation here. Their ignorance of the trouble irritated me more than the trouble itself. Initially I was worried by the driver not responding but thought I could survive with it as it just occurred one time or two times per day but at present it can occur 4 to 5 times per hour and as well any websites with images or video take evermore to load while other sites load right away.

What’s the point of utilizing that Toshiba site they don’t even examine it? They said that they’re going to be updating for 300m graphic adapters in the march where is it? I have to ensure Linux does drivers collides on it because my laptop is ineffective now. and the 2nd thing that I wanted to state that there is just single option while making revival of Windows 7 operating system you actually can’t left your "data" partition untouched I have old Toshiba laptop and the recovery mode seems the similar but there is advance form of making recovery and you can select, are you interested in formatting one or both partitions.

I newly started having this trouble after buying my Toshiba laptop. I brought the laptop on Feb. 6, 2011. I have called Toshiba quite a lot of times attempting to get the trouble resolved. Every time they walk me through some steps, the laptop works nice for a day after that the errors reappear. I all the time get the error while I start up my computer. Occasionally the screen goes black later than the error message and the just way I can switch the laptop off is by taking the battery out. I have as well taken the laptop back to the office depot where I acquired it from a lot of times too.