Thread: Will I get a PSP 1000 refurburbish as a replacement to PSP 1000

Will I get a PSP 1000 refurburbish as a replacement to PSP 1000

I am currently having a PSP 1000 with me and would say that this is really a very fine PSP that I am using and had no probes with it. But now there have been some issue with it. So now I am planning to get it replaced. The thing is that I am planning to send this PSP to Sony and then I am thinking of getting a new PSP 1000 refurburbish? So can you all tell me what I need to do to solve the problem that I am facing? Is it right to send the PSP and will I get a new one in return.

Re: Will I get a PSP 1000 refurburbish as a replacement to PSP 1000

I just had a look at the question that you have put up and would say that I am not very sure about what you have decided. But it might be easier to get it fixed at Gamestop or a repair shop and then you can jump over to the next option. I also feel that that would be a wise option as there was a similar problem with my friend and then he had got it repaired from some store and that was done at a cheap rate.So probably that is a better option according to me.

Actually I would tell you that it all depends on the problem that you have faced. For me it I would say that it would actually be an hardware or software issue? I think that if you do go through Sony then more than likely you will get a different PSP and wont get the one that you desire for. Also I feel that the 1000 and 2000 series has been discontinued for a long time. So as per the previous solution even I feel that the best option is to go to a repair shop. This is what I feel.

Even I agree with some of the solutions that have been mentioned out there and would say that it all depends on the issue and how expensive the repairs will be. If you may want to upgrade to a 3000then the cost of repair is greater than the worth of your PSP. But if that is not true then the situation is different. So according to me what you need to do is that you just have to go to a store and then see if it can be repaired or not and then you can do on to the next solution.

As far as I am concerned I don’t actually feel that this would be possible. I don’t think that they will provide you with the Sony refurbished one. And in case if Sony sends you a refurbished unit then as opposed to repairing the one that you sent it will be a PSP of the same model that you sent in. And this is something that I am sure about. Also I do feel that in the normal Sony repair process the refurbished unit is out when a console is received for service. So this is what I do feel about your issue.

I think that Sony never runs out of refurbished models and that is the reason they produce at the same rate at which they are used.Also going ahead with this point I feel that Sony does this because it allows for faster turnaround on repairs. SO they just immediately repair then without any problem and even if Sony did run out of refurbished PSP 1001s because some of some reason then they would just repair your console and send it back to you. So you must have got the answer to the question from this itself.