Thread: Installing HP updates causes Lost of Audio Output Device

Installing HP updates causes Lost of Audio Output Device

Hello friends, I need a help from you all as I am suffering from very strange issue, which I have never seen before. I am using HP Pavilion DV6000, when I was using it I seen HP updates available, I normally update HP, as always, I did the same I updated HP. But this time, when I update HP, suddenly I lost my Audio output drivers from system. I tried to restore it using Windows Update but not working. So can anyone tell me how to restore my audio output drives again? Please reply to this post.

Re: Installing HP updates causes Lost of Audio Output Device

Hey friend don’t get too worried, sometime it happens, after all machine makes mistakes. Well looking at your problem, I have one solution for you. Just uninstall the drivers from the device manager. When you will open the device manager you will be able to see sound devices, just explore it and uninstall all sound drivers. After that restart the laptop, and wait for 3 to 4 minute and the again start Window update. It will automatically install sound driver and you will solve your problem. All the best! And don’t forget to reply if you solve your problem.

Hello friend, I have also check for the same and I have also got one solution for you. The above step doesn’t work for you the try this step. Go to search option and type open sound option and make sure that you have selected speaker or mike option in the checkmark. And after that right click on it and select set this as default. It will apply the default setting to sound option, after reboot you will find that your problem is solved. First try the above steps and if doesn’t works then try this step. Thank you.

Hello everyone, one of my friend was having the same problem in his HP pavilion. He was also having the problem of sound driver installation. So I am writing the step which I told him to follow. If you are having the same problem then just try to install the sound driver manually from your motherboard CD. After installation start Windows update manually, and let the update be done. After that reboot your laptop and check the driver list and see it is installed or not. If it is showing in the list then your problem is solved. If you that this step has solved your problem then do reply to this post. Thank you and All the Best!

Hello friend, your post has done the work for me. I am very thankful to you, that your solution has done a great job for me. I wanted to say that, I was not having sound device in device manager and also there was no audio output installed, when I tried above 2 steps. Then I took my motherboard CD and then I applied the above method and done manual installation of Sound Drivers. After reboot when I again checked in driver list it was there and my sound player was working perfectly. Thanks a lot you all to help me solving my problem.