Thread: Toshiba Qosmio X505-Q887 freezes in standby mode.

Toshiba Qosmio X505-Q887 freezes in standby mode.

I am having Toshiba Qosmio X505-Q887 and on which Windows 7 is installed, and the problem with this laptop is whenever I keep this laptop as it is for some time when I take break in between so after some times on my laptop its 10 minutes it goes black i.e on standby and even I when I turn it on standby manually it doesn’t work after that it freezes and some time I get screen with some pixels and color on it. Please help,

Re: Toshiba Qosmio X505-Q887 freezes in standby mode.

Hey dude I think it’s an issue due to the drivers, you have to uninstall the Nvidia drivers which are installed on your system and then go to the Toshiba web site and there will be drivers specified for your particular laptop model. You can download those drivers from that website and install them on your system. Toshiba tweaks the GPU drivers and those drivers works better than the hardware. Don’t worry this it s the common problem with Nvidia drivers.

Hey buddy thanks a lot for posting this query I am facing the same problem with my Toshiba laptop on which Windows 7 is installed, I have recently upgraded from Windows Vista. And I didn’t had this kind of problem with Windows Vista so it can due to the Windows 7, but I am not quite sure about this thing. I have hold the power button to turn off the laptop and then I have start it again. I have updated my BIOS and Audio through Toshiba site and also installed latest Nvidia drivers but nothing helped.

Well dude it’s an issue with the portable computers on which you have installed the Windows OS. Because I have searched about this thing on Google and I have found that this is very common issue with Portable computers with Windows OS. Because normally in standby or when machine is asleep people closes the lid and when they open this lid again they get the same problem.

Yeah this can happen due to the Windows 7 OS on the Toshiba Qosmio X505-Q887, you just have to change the following setting if nothing have worked for like installing new drivers and BIOS. Just follow this steps,
    1> Click on the “Start” button and in the “Search” box type “Device Manager”.
    2> And in “Device Manager” click on the “Keyboard”.
    3> It will display the Keyboard and then right clock on it and go to “Properties”.
    4> And now select “Power Management”.
    5> And check the “Allow this device to wake the computer”. And now follow the instruction and restart the Laptop.
    Hope this will work for you.

Well thanks a lot guys for helping me out, but in my case it was due to the drivers I have got with the laptop, I just uninstalled all the drivers from my laptop and installed the drivers from the Toshiba site and then everything started working fine. Thanks a lot guys for helping me out on this issue because I thought may be unknowingly I damaged my laptop that’s why I was bit afraid anyways guys thanks a a lot.