Thread: Toshiba Qosmio X505-Q887 crashed after connecting it with TV.

Toshiba Qosmio X505-Q887 crashed after connecting it with TV.

Hello everyone i have bought I TV and laptop Toshiba Qosmio X505-Q887 few days back, I have a HDMI cable to connect the laptop with the TV. My problem is when I try to connect the laptop with my old TV. Whenever I connect it with the TV, the screen of the laptop goes black, I guess the laptop crashes because after that I have to restart the laptop I think many of you guys have faced such problem while using a HDMI cable, so guys can you help me out on this.

Re: Toshiba Qosmio X505-Q887 crashed after connecting it with TV.

Dude in my point of view there can be any one out of these two cases, first one may be your laptop wants need some other screen resolution and your old TV doesn’t support that screen resolution and that’s why may be your laptop crashes. And the other thing is HDMI input you are connecting to the TV might have some problem, and that causing a system shut down. Well I think it’s a defective HDMI input on the TV. And these can also damage your laptop.

Hey thanks a lot mate for reverting so quickly, but I don’t think there problem with HDMI input on the old TV because when I plugged it with another TV everything was working fine. I have tried both the VGA port and HDMI port on the TV but both makes the laptop screen black. And it’s not also laptop because the same laptop works properly with the other TV. This really very annoying, Guys please help me out I have also tried different screen resolution on laptop but it didn’t help.

But dude I still think it’s an issue of screen resolution on the laptop, and as you said you are using a old TV so the screen resolution might be not compatible on both the devices. If the laptop is getting crashed then I will frankly advice you to call or email to Toshiba because trying different things can damage your system hardware and software. And as you said you have just bought the laptop so it will be under the warranty period so just give them a call. Or you can try one thing i.e. updating BIOS of your laptop.

First of all I want to thank all of you for suggesting me some solution and giving me the frank advice. I have stopped trying some other settings and resolution on the laptop. I have just called the service center and they have told me that they will call me back in two days and they will fix this issue. Anyways guys thanks a lot for the advice I think there is some hardware problem in my TV.