Thread: How to turn off the Beep sound on Toshiba Qosmio?

How to turn off the Beep sound on Toshiba Qosmio?

Hello guys, I have Toshiba Qosmio x305, and I have installed Windows 7 on it. I don’t have any issue with the system. But on the Toshiba Qosmio there is a beeping noise on these laptops. And I want to turn it off, I don’t have much knowledge of these things because this is my first laptop of Toshiba I didn’t had such type of problem with the other companies laptop. So guys if you have any suggestion or the solution for this problem please share.

Re: How to turn off the Beep sound on Toshiba Qosmio?

Well dude this very simple don’t worry it’s just a minor issue with the buttons you can easily get rid of that noise. Just follow the instructions, First click on the “Start” and then click on “All Programs” then go to the “Toshiba Folder” and after that you have to enter into “Utilities” and then in the “Hardware Setup”, go into “Button settings” and there will be a “Function Button” and you have to set it to disable. And your problem will be solved.

First of all thanks a lot guys for posting this thread because I was also facing the same problem, its really very annoying some time. I searched a lot on google but I didn’t find any accurate solution for this problem. I was wondering around the Control panel and hardware setup but don’t know how to disable that sound. I have found the above solution but that is for disabling the media control not for the Beep, that’s I am bit afraid to use it because I don’t want to disable the media control. Please help,

Well mate you are right that solution is for disabling the media control not for the turning sound off, I had same problem with my Toshiba Qosmio X500. So called the Toshiba Support team and they have provided the solution its quite same as the above user said, first click on the “Start” button and then in the “All Programs”, click on “Toshiba” and then in “Utilities” you have to click on “HardwareSetup” and then in “button setting” tab you can disable that Beep noise.

Thanks a lot guys for reverting back so quickly, I know this was really very easy to setup or make changes but I quite newbie to all this stuffs so I didn’t wanted to make any wrong attempt, may I would have made changes somewhere else so I thought it’s better to ask peoples here. And now there is beep sound I have just followed the given steps and I got rid of that problem easily. Thanks a lot guys for helping me out.