Thread: Random Black Screen appears on my Toshiba Qosmio x300-01u laptop.

Random Black Screen appears on my Toshiba Qosmio x300-01u laptop.

Hello guys in last month I bought Toshiba Qosmio x300-01u laptop and from yesterday I am facing problem with it. A random black screen appears on my laptop. I apply many settings but still not able to solve this problem. I restored to factory settings but it’s not helpful. Even I cleaned the internal organs through compressed air and cotton clean but even its not helpful for me. And then I Reformatted the HDD but when I start it again still it’s not working. Please help me thank you.

ali Guest

Re: Random Black Screen appears on my Toshiba Qosmio x300-01u laptop.

I have this exact model of Toshiba and if the black screen means that shuts off randomly, is likely to overheat. This is what does not happen to mine. I just hiking through the Internet to find out the problem and it seem that the Nvidia 9700M GTS video card in these units is warm and the laptop is turned off. The model of video card it is in other laptops and is including the similar difficulty. it seems that, dusting the fans and the inside of the laptop might help, but adding a bit of thermal paste on the GPU is assumed that the final solution that does the trick, according to some.

If the warranty is out, then here are some instructions on taking the laptop, but it also seems a good way to go. I just discovered this and have not taken my laptop apart yet, but if you try to be extremely careful not to have any static charge on your own or use any magnetic screwdrivers or anything. Most likely an excellent idea to backup first if you have not done. If this is still under warranty or not you want to try your best bet is a full back up and take it in and tell them to fix it for you. Or take it any way to see if they will charge to fix it for you.

Unfortunately I have made the core temperature usually now sits at ~ 40 degrees Celsius, with the GPU at 60 degrees Celsius. Previous to it was sitting within the 80s, through the GPU within the 90s. I do not think it's anything more for the warranty, but I think it might have in the future to the store anyway to see if they will fix for me. Do not concern thermal paste on top of the GPU, on the other hand, only in the CPU. Maybe I am supposed to try some on the GPU?

I took the whole thing apart and put some goop on the GPU today and seem to have helped a bit but it seems the problem is that the fan is not going fast enough when the temperature rises. Another thing is that the plastic casing around the GPU was a little crooked and overlapping the top of the GPU, so I cut back carefully. That could be a good reason it was overheating a lot to me and perhaps many others, but now the fan is the problem.

I think maybe it's the Nvidia driver again. It has done that in the past, the speed of the fans are not going fast enough. I'm in Linux now though so I tried updating to the latest version of the driver, but unfortunately it does not seem to keep the fan speed with temperature. The fan will dribble in a little at approximately 65*C and after that it appears to acquire trapped at that speed and doesn't modify ever again no matter how hot it obtain. I also realized I cannot get the fan speed options to appear using Cool bits to show extra options on the clock and other things. So maybe it’s not even possible to change the speed of the fan here at all, without cutting the BIOS or something. Do not even know. Maybe just buying a desktop computer for the same price I paid for it and hope it cools itself better. That would be a very good update on those days.