Thread: Does Macbook Pro use fully charged battery with charger plugged in?

Does Macbook Pro use fully charged battery with charger plugged in?

I recently came to know that polymer battery again with the 13in MBP do not suffer from memory effect. In addition, one can even leave them on charge for long periods i.e. even after they are fully charged. The internal battery is equipped with sensors to avoid the overhead that was a nightmare for older (possibly even provided laptops!). So I want to know is if the battery is being charged in some way after it is fully charged, but the charger plugged in? So if the battery is full does the type of laptop to run directly without going through the charger fully charged until your order is needed?

Re: Does Macbook Pro use fully charged battery with charger plugged in?

When the laptop is connected to the AC adapter, the weight of the electric power is supplied by the adapter with a charge that is applied to the battery. Once the battery is fully charged, the charging circuit reduces the load to just a trickle. As soon as the AC adapter is removed, the circuit of battery has been running, instantly.

There are some small chips and integrated circuits for all batteries for Apple systems and almost any other battery which can measure load levels. This is how the battery level is monitored and reported. Although not always possible to say that this is true for other manufacturers, I think most all of them are similar if not identical. With Apple systems, the battery will charge somewhere around 102% of capacity. It is normal to be a bit overloaded. So if the AC adapter is connected, the SMC close the load circuit until the battery is reduced to approximately 95% load. Even if you are not using it, the battery will slowly lose a load, but it will take several days before reaching 95% in a battery that has been consumed.

At some point, generally around 300 charge cycles, the battery starts to lose its ability to store energy, and the amount of time that can operate on battery power begins to fall sharply soon. That's your cue to get a new battery or have someone remove it, if you have a MBP with a cover of a bottom piece and the battery is locked inside. They do not, and finally, the battery begins to swell and to distort the case, which can cause other damage as well. If this fails you take action, then the battery ultimately will explode. Most often this is a slow process over a year, but batteries fail sometimes and swell rapidly.

I'm not sure this information is exactly correct. In Apple laptops, the batteries are charged at 100%. They do not fluctuate between 95 and 102%. The controller can maintain 100% with precision. In addition, 300 charge cycles is quoted absolute bare minimum that Apple quotes. It is probably based on full charge cycles burnout. Most people should see a much better performance. For example, my MacBook Pro has had 481 charge cycles (although it was unlikely that full charges), and shows a capacity of 2069 mAh (milli-ampere hours). Clearly, it is not anywhere near death, or his ability to fall significantly.

That's right. I've seen the Apple difficult plan say that the level of battery is approximately 102% many times. 300 charge cycles and Apple is still an order of the battery. And yes, it is from full charge to depletion, which is like all Li-Ion batteries are measured, so it is kind of meaningless distinction to make. I will not go into details of how the work of Li-Ion, Google may if you are interested, but let's say that the cycles of the list of profile systems are complete discharge cycles. Faith me; there was a whole section on batteries in the certification of Apple training materials had to slog through. What I said is correct, and you can see for yourself. Take any Apple laptop, and once the level loads up to 100% not refresh until it reaches about 95%. If you have AC power, it will probably take about a week. You will see the charge indicator gradually slipping down. Or you can show documentation from Apple.

I will not enter into any discussion about this, but what he said was: "So if the AC adapter is connected, the SMC close the load circuit until the battery is reduced by about 95%." I do not know how to read others that even if I have my MBP connected to the adapter, the battery will eject up to 95% before the adapter is loaded again. This is simply not correct. The adapter A / C keeps the battery charged to 100% as long as connected Trust me on this: the real life experience confirms, not some kind of documentation. I can keep my MBP plugged in most of the time and not fall below 100% unless it is disconnected.