Thread: Driver needed for Toshiba Satellite C640 laptop

Driver needed for Toshiba Satellite C640 laptop

Yesterday night I formatted my Windows XP running Toshiba Satellite C640 laptop. I formatted my laptop because it was having many issues and the normal functioning was hampered by the virus attack. But after reinstalling the Windows XP OS the laptop showed degradation in its usual performance. I suppose it is because of the missing drivers. So I wanted to ask where I can find drivers for my Toshiba Satellite laptop. Please help me by suggesting me your solutions.

Re: Driver needed for Toshiba Satellite C640 laptop

You must be provided with all the necessary CDs when you had purchased your Toshiba Satellite C640 laptop. Just check for some CD with the name “Toshiba utilities and drivers” along with the accessories which were given to you when you had purchased your laptop. Insert that CD and the laptop will automatically install the necessary drivers from the CD. If the installation does not start’s automatically, you can do it manually as well. Just explorer the CD and double click on the driver’s setup file. Follow the on-screen instruction and complete the installation of all the necessary drivers for your laptop.

If you are having an Internet connection then you can also download all the files in the “Toshiba utilities and drivers” CD from Internet. You need to search for the “Toshiba utilities and drivers” CD on Internet and download the setup file to the local drive of your laptop. After downloading the drivers CD, you can either run the CD directly by exploring it and running the setup directly or you can burn the data in a CD and make a driver’s CD out of it for future assistance as well. The installation is similar to installing any application software. So just install the drivers and enhance the performance of your laptop.

Hey guys, Thank you for showing concern toward my problem. But unfortunate to say that your suggestion did not helped me out. Actually I don’t remember where I have kept those “Toshiba utilities and drivers” CD and thus I was unable to install the necessary drivers of my laptop. I searched for the same CD on Internet but that also did not helped. I landed up downloading some corrupt file which would never open up. So may be because of my mistake, I am unable to solve my problem. Does anyone know where else I can find drivers for my Toshiba Satellite C640 laptop?

Dude, you should visit the official website of Toshiba. From there you can download the exact drivers which are required for your Toshiba Satellite C640 laptop. Open the official website of Toshiba and click on the “Service and Support”. Under “Service and Support” option, click on Drivers and Bulletins. Now select the options as per your laptop. Select the Products, Series, Model, Operating System and the drivers which you are looking for. Now download the drivers and install it in your laptop. After installing the drivers, please remember to Restart your laptop.

I would suggest you to contact the retailer from whom you had bought your laptop and as you said you are unable to find any driver’s CD with the accessories which you got along with your laptop, you should probably ask them to give you “Toshiba utilities and drivers” CD for your Toshiba Satellite C640 laptop. And if you are unable to find the necessary CD from your retailer then you will have to contact the nearest Toshiba Customer Center and purchase the “Toshiba utilities and drivers” CD from them. This will probably charge u, but it will be very minimum.