Thread: Why doesn't Toshiba support Linux

Why doesn't Toshiba support Linux

I am having a computer (desktop), but as now I am going to do my MBA so I would be requiring a laptop so I took a toshiba laptop. Why not upgrade your BIOS Toshiba. I paid for my laptop and want to be able to use other operating systems! This is ridiculous. I did not pay money for a frozen piece of garbage, let me run what I want, maybe I do not know. USE OF THE STANDARD?

Re: Why doesn't Toshiba support Linux

Linux kernels get repackaged and released the new hardware support, not vice versa. When someone with the knowledge that repacks the Linux kernel and includes support for hardware, to be held. Bios update does not help; you will have to wait for someone to repackage the core to support your hardware. I suggest you contact the casts its preferred Linux system, and offering data to the system hardware.

I recently bought a C655 for my wife. If an exorbitant before attempting to install Linux on it. What a waste of time. I'm returning the laptop for a refund. A sale under Toshiba. I have other Toshiba laptops that work well and have been very happy with them. Currently I have two U-Series notebooks that I love and Linux runs smoothly on them. I just went looking for a U505 and I see none now contained in the Toshiba website and I see a replacement for it. Toshiba is trying to lure the customers? I started buying Toshiba again (C655 returned would have been my sixth overall), as HP / Compaq was doing rubbish and I always had good experience with Toshiba before. Now I've had two Toshiba in a row (both U-series), with good hardware support to create quality specifications, good, and good. C655 experience goes back to me. What gives, Toshiba?

The problem is not that Toshiba is not the construction of systems that support Linux, is that current versions of Linux have not reached with the hardware that is available. If hardware manufacturers did not come out with new technologies, we continue to all 286 machines running DOS. People who believe that software can add carry for hardware that does not live yet. Due to the way Linux is built and updated forever been behind the advances in hardware technology. When launching an updated Linux kernel with support for hardware models that work.

I'm having a hard time feeling any sympathy for signs that they expect Linux support teams when it was created, obviously, to a Windows system. As someone who worked in customer service to fix a brand, the first thing any agent technology to say is: "We support the computer operating system that came with, if you install something else is at your own risk."

Complaint because a brand team (in this case, Toshiba) is not compatible with an operating system that was installed with no use and creates good user-based antipathy which should be none. I have a Toshiba Satellite L305 that comes with Vista and have had no problems. Once the warranty was dismissed, I changed the hard disk and install smoke Win7 Vista Pro because back in the starting line. I have heard that Linux is a decent and a friend of mine swears by it, but for my part, I found my own research that is not a quick and easy way. For those who like Linux, more power to you! But do not blame Toshiba for creating a computer that is not compatible with Linux.

Okay, sir. Linux is a system impractical, but, of course, hardware support is delayed. And so there is no obligation or hardware support of the developers said, and there is no software support from Major parts manufacturers. Professional production distributions like SuSE or Red Hat to quickly get the support of the driver but cannot be expected overnight. And for the same reason, is there anyone crazier than the hardware is not compatible with OSX [a kind of wild cat]? It is more or less the same.