Thread: Re-install iBook, to delete admin passwords

Re-install iBook, to delete admin passwords

I have a couple of iBooks that I have ex-school, but the drawback is that administrative passwords are some of the system preferences. 10/04/1911 is the operating system on laptops. Cannot access date and time to reconfigure, administration and student accounts on the desktop. I've had no record with them. These programs are loaded with great art, education and the Word etc disks I have are, 10.2.1 and 10.3.
    10.2.1doesnot support Word, etc. I installed with 10.3 on a laptop and everything works fine, but I noticed the disk utility does not work very quickly and does not seem right. Does this stuff? I am trying to get the installation disk, but being in the country makes it tricky to eBay today none.

Re: Re-install iBook, to delete admin passwords

If you try to boot from the installation DVD, just after the election of a language, in the utilities menu is not a program to recover the password. I will not guarantee that a 10.2 or 10.3 password reset disk in 10.4, but worth a try if you ask me. This is the supposition that the person who sold the laptops does not know the password. And just FYI, they sold laptops that have erased the disk, because the license for all commercial software is likely that the school, not you. So, technically speaking, it's all pirated programs.

"If you start the installation DVD, just after selecting a language, in the utilities menu there is a password recovery program." This was what I did. I have understand that once you've done that, got to this point you can stop the installation and it is set and protect all the previous operating system, which in my case is the latest version? What do you think? Have you done this?

Before doing anything like that. You do not even need to go beyond the first screen. Once the menu bar appears at the top, you can download the program to reset the password in the utility menu. Now, as I thought, may or may not work on an original operating system version. It is at least worth a try assuming you cannot get the password of the person who sold things first.

You can keep and reset the password with any additional disk operating system installation. Yes, there is at it again. The operating system version is not misused in any way when you do that. It is not likely given the information they have provide so far. A clean install of 10.4.11 will, at least, an OS X 10.4.0 installation disk, which you say you do not have. A restoration disc is something that comes with the original computer and contains all that was on the computer when it left the factory. OS X, iTunes, iMovie, iPhoto, iDVD and a few other bits and pieces.

Use of the album, you can just carry the machine back to the way it was in the box was opened by the original user. An installation disc is a disc that contains only OS X. None of the usual, see above, applications in the disk. Use of this album, which contains a later version of Mac OS X computer, you can upgrade your current version of the operating system to any version of the operating system installation disk. The update to keep all existing applications and user data intact.

On the issue G3/G4, I cannot answer directly. You'll have to find the system requirements for each version. I think the G3 almost topped out at 10.3. You may be able to get 10.4 on it but probably would not be a pleasant experience. The G4 will depend on whether it is a G4 model sooner or later the G4 model. In theory, you could reach 10.5 with a G4, but I think it needed at least a 867MHz CPU to install 10.5. So there is probably a lot of old G4 systems will not work with 10.5. At least one CPU, in the case of multiple CPUs, had to be 867MHz or higher as well. A 2x 500 MHz PowerMac G4 systems will not be enough, because the two CPU does not accumulate to create the performance of a single 1GHz CPU. In my experience, they want at least a 1 GHz CPU and 1 GB of RAM to run 10.5 without wanting to break your hair. Anyway, Wikipedia could be a quick way to find the system requirements for each version of Mac OS X, and since all people would have to do is copy and paste data from the right of the Apple website, which must be reasonably accurate. And all the minimum requirements, which is multiplied by 1.25 to calculate what you need to get adequate performance.