Thread: Using smartphone to replace a PC

Using smartphone to replace a PC

It would really be nice to encompass my files as well as preferred movies within my pocket (I would store movies on SD cards). I am new to phone technology and therefore I want to ask you that if it is possible to connect any external monitor with keyboard and mouse to the smartphone. If it is possible then please tell me that what are the attachments that are needed to do that? Thank you so much In advance for reading and replying to this.

Re: Using smartphone to replace a PC

I don’t know the way to do that but if you want then you can search for “Nexus One USB host mode ” on youtube and open the very first video that comes in the result of the search. Play that video and see how he is using the phone to replace PC. I hope that this video will help you to understand that how can that be done. Thank you!!!

This is what Palm Foleo should perform The Celio Redfly presents this aspect. I can discover cell phones is excessively limiting. I started trying to get rid of my desktop when I got a Palm TX. Since it had wifi, I thought I could find a way to do "everything" in the TX. I learned how wrong I was for dozens of reasons, one of which was of Graffiti 2 and one of which was the stability of the device. Later, I had a Treo 650 and then a 755p. By then I had no delusions of desktop replacement due to several limitations of memory and operating system. When I have a Blackberry, I was impressed with the phone but disappointed with the applications.

I did not start thinking about this until I got an iPod Touch. With the availability of important applications such as docs2go, I began to wonder if the 'Touch could become a "replacement laptop, but there are so many operating system limitations in terms of how it handles the files and the restrictions imposed by Apple as I can get without jailbreak applications that do not take into account the 'Touch or iPhone, or even the IPAD to be a real desktop replacement. I heard that despite the open nature of Android, which is not much better of a candidate, but I'm intrigued by the "server mode" above.

The processing power for smart phones exceeds the processing capacity of desktop computers a decade ago. We're just waiting for the user interface, operating system and support restrictions imposed to catch up to our needs. If I had to choose between devices of today, I would say that the IPAD (once OS 4.2) is closer, with the iPod Touch and iPhone doing quite well despite its small size. By the way, IPAD external BT keyboard support, but not the mouse (yet). Secondly, I would like to place Android devices due to the relatively wide open nature of the operating system. I would say OS WebOS and BB do not even belong to the list likely to be considered for desktop replacements.

There is another warning for using a smartphone as a desktop replacement is what if it falls into the toilet or a bucket of paint? Are you sure you want your desktop files that has been in that situation? The portability is nice, but it is better to keep the files in a safe place. For this there are a number of VNC clients out there that allow you to remotely control a desktop from almost any smartphone.

I do a lot of contribution on a smartphone or a PDA, but do not wait for all those notes to fall precisely in all the slots within my documentation, exactly where you need it. Sometimes there will be time to do it, sometimes you have to use the thing as a pad of paper. Often I have to spend some time, said data relocating elsewhere. Sometimes I do it on your mobile device, it is sometimes better to wait until the equipment is full size at your fingertips.