Thread: What smartphone will be best for me?

What smartphone will be best for me?

I am very proud member of this community that works and shares ideas to help others to decide for something that will help for future use. Well first I'm a fan of QWERTY keyboard phone. I am currently using the Nokia E61 and is the first phone I've used for a year. Before this I've been using the Nokia N73, but but now I need a phone that should have...
    • Wi-Fi (must)
    • Planner/scheduler (must)
    • QWERTY
    • Touch screen is optional
    • GPS is optional
    • Camera with at least 3.2 MP (optional)

Well I have been researching for 2-3 weeks and I have come up with Nokia E71, HTC Touch PRO, iPhone 3G. Any suggestion from anyone of you guys that has more experience on suggesting me something useful for me working place and everyday use.

Re: What smartphone will be best for me?

You are in an ideal position because there are so many pleasant mobile being released in dissimilar media. I may soon be updating my Treo 755p. I have Sprint, so I think that the Touch Diamond or Pro will be next to me. I love the features of that device. Also you might want to check out the review of the Samsung Omnia in the news forum on the title here. I think it will be a GSM phone. The Touch Pro and Omnia have nice feature rich interfaces, in addition to PDA functionality that brings WM.

I would like to tell you that the treo pro will provide the same WM interface, just not nearly as beautifully the other two devices can. So you will probably have to decide if that is important or not. If you need a full keyboard (off screen), your choices narrow down to the Touch pro and the Treo pro but you can take a lok at those phone and see if you like that.

So the iPhone will also be a good option for you. I own an iPod touch and I love it. The ability of the Internet and the media is unmatched by any other device I've used. If music is important to you (you take a regular mp3 player), the iPhone will release one of their pockets. On the other hand, the PDA functionality is limited. You have a calendar and contact book, and that's it.

It is very difficult to recommend a smartphone these days. There are good devices, just so many out there. Not even touch the BB storm. That said, I do not think that can go wrong here. Whatever the device you are Google search is probably the most you should receive. If you want then you can also see the Nokia E5 that is a full QWERTY phone with all the expected features. The only thing that it is missing is the front camera for video calling.

To unlock the GSM windows mobile devices, you can see the Treo Pro from Palm, HTC Touch Pro, HTC, HP and has a handful of devices also open. Note that the brand new unlocked phones get expensive. Older phones may be less powerful but slightly cheaper. Apart from this there are a number of Windows Mobile smartphones to meet their basic criteria, but I am unsure that if they are available at the place where you are.

Do you appreciate a hand use? If so, the Nokia E71 will be best for you. Need fights a lot of emails and data entry and wants more power for your money? Then, the TyTN II is best for you. There is no right or wrong answer, but both phones are great. But they offer very different user experiences and it will not be something we can say without knowing you.