Thread: Performance of Nook color with Honeycomb.

Performance of Nook color with Honeycomb.

Guys I need your suggestion to buy a new web tablet. I want to replace my netbook with it so guys can you tell be which is the cheapest and the best web book available. I heard about the Nook color which costs around 300$ and it has quite same functionality as Motorola Zoom and the BB Playbook and it’s also very much cheaper. And I want to use the Honeycomb on the rooted Nook color. So guys if have any idea about these things please share.

Re: Performance of Nook color with Honeycomb.

Very nice thread dude, after reading this thread I searched bit on the google about its reviews and I have also checked some videos on the Youtube and found that it slights lags when its swiping to the other menu and while surfing on the internet. And until Google doesn’t release the source code honeycomb will be Unfinished on the “NOOKColor”. And now Honeycomb have those performance issue i.e. slightly lagging and I don’t think it will be resolved till the google releases the source code.

Hey really very nice thread even I am looking for the same thing, thanks for the post. I am bit concerned about the battery life because I have HP mini 310 and it has only 2 hours of battery life I am really disappointed with it. I am also looking for the cheap device because these things have the same features as the big brands device have but they really differ in the customer help, hope this will have the better service. Please share your experience here or the things you know about the Nook+Honeycomb.

Well guys I don’t know about the Honeycomb but the Nook color with decent Android built/ROM gives bttere battery life than compared to your HP mini. It gives around 8-10 hours of battery life. And it on the stand by it works for a week that’s really very impressive factor. If you get setCPU working properly, it comes preinstalled but you can set it properly then it will work for 12 hours. So don’t worry about the battery life it is much better in this device.

Well after reading this thread even I am planning to buy a Nook, I was also looking for some cheap webbook and luckily I found this thread, my main concern was the flash working. It will youtube or some other flash based video players? So I searched about it on Google, Android 2.2 on the Nookcolor flash works pretty fine, it’s not that ultra fast but it works very fine. You can play any flash games without facing any problem on it. You can play angry birds on full screen without any problem.

Guys I wasn’t expected such quick and detailed replies, because normally when I post on the other forums site I have to wait for at least 1 week to get good 3-4 replies but here I got replies so quickly, I am really impressed by the activeness of the users of this site, now onwards I will post the queries only on this site. And yes thanks for providing me good review. Now I can purchase this Nookcolor with Honeycomb, and I heard that google releasing the source code for it. Thank you guys,