Thread: HTC Desire z -Unable to synchronize

HTC Desire z -Unable to synchronize

I have HTC Desire z and I am used to connect with my Computer and synchronizing it on windows Xp but now I have Laltop which have windows 7 but not able to connect my HTC Desire. Whenever I connect with my laptop it always says waiting for connection after some time in my mobile its says unable to connect. I don’t know what is wrong with my mobile please tell me the proper solution for that. Because I need to synchronize daily and do transfer for my office use. Please help me with this problem.

re: HTC Desire z -Unable to synchronize

I have read your problem. As you are saying that you7 are unable to connect your Mobile with your pc. In new systems sometimes it happens that it may not detect the new hardware automatically. For that you need to detect the new hardware manually and then it will shows your device in your taskbar after that you will be able to connect your phone and synchronizing the data easily. So try this idea I hope it will be helpful for you. If it works then please let me know.

Thank for your help. I have read your suggestion but in my old System it was detecting the phone automatically and quickly, it was like plug and play then I do not understand why these problems are occurring with new OS. But then also I have tried your solution and I was trying to detect it manually. But I don’t know how to detect the new hardware manually in windows 7. If you can help me with its steps then it will be very helpful for me. Please tell me what the procedure to detect the phone manually is.

Ok. As you have requested I will provide you steps for that and then you will be able to know how to find the new hardware manually. For that
    • First connect your Mobile with your Computer.
    • Then go to my computer and then go to properties of my computer.
    • After that in properties go to top left side of window there you can find the device manager option.
    • Click in the device manager and click op options in that.
    • After doing that click on scan for hardware changes. After that system will start searching for new hardware.
    • After that it will detect your mobile.

As you have suggested I have tried to connect the mobile with my computer and after that I have tried to search it manually but when I click on scan for hardware changes after that one notification comes on system tray icon and it says found new hardware and after that it stuck there only after that it is not showing anything. I don’t know what is going wrong. I am very frustrated now. Is there any requirement of updating the software? Please reply me with your suggestion.

Hey after doing and trying all the solutions then also you are not able to connect the Phone with your computer then I suggest you to contact the HTC gallery nearby you. And there ask them about your problem. They will fix your problem on the spot and if possible before visiting the gallery first take backup of your data from you phone. Because ether may be a case of software update. So I hope you will get proper service there and your problem will be solved as soon as possible.

Re: HTC Desire z -Unable to synchronize

I have HTC Desire z and I am unable to connect with my Computer and synchronizing it on windows Xp. Whenever I connect with my compuer it always says waiting for connection after some time in my mobile its says unable to connect. I don’t know what is wrong with my mobile please tell me the proper solution for that. Because I need to synchronize daily and do transfer for my office use. Please help me with this problem.

Re: HTC Desire z -Unable to synchronize

Well, probably seems some driver / driver installation problem with your system. What i can suggest before doing any hardcore troubleshooting is Just reboot your PC as well as your Phone and than try to connect. See if it works. If still not working than Try connection your device with any other system. So that we can find the one culprit. If it wont connect on other PC as well, than just go on and do a hard rest of your phone. It will be fixed.