Thread: Asus N61JQ-A1 Core i7 temperatures

Asus N61JQ-A1 Core i7 temperatures

I have the Asus laptop N61JQ-A1 Core i7. I have not found any program to control fan speed / fan speed graphics card, or overclocking. Riva Tuner doesn't show the options for it. I have the Radeon HD 5730 1 GB card in it. What are normal temperatures for the operation of heavy 3D games like Battlefield Bad Company 2? Mine runs at 84deg average during the game using "RealTemp" and sometimes goes up to 90deg (Celsius). The highest reading so far was 94 at one point. This notebook is clean of dust and is used on a flat table in the room temperature. All this seems quite high but I am familiar with the temperature of the notebook.

Re: Asus N61JQ-A1 Core i7 temperatures

There is hundreds of debates CPU temperature, but all I'm going to add is that it's okay for portable versions because the laptop is a confined space. I have repeatedly warned people not going to have the lowest temperatures we see on the desktop. The models be at variance, but to share things like a i7, 1 GB of video, and more. It's a hot laptop. We also have another HP dv7 with i7 and during the game you do get warm, but not as much as G51JX-A1. The temperatures of the CPU and GPU are well on top of what we see on the desktop because there is no way you can add pounds of heat sinks and fans to reduce heat. This means they have to let the temperature rise and based on the delta T (see Google) for the heat to escape. Let me end with this. I5 TODAY prefer if you leave the heat production. TODAY prefer switchable graphics, if you need to get longer battery life and lower the heat when they play.

Glad to see an answer to my specific laptop. Popular is a good model, I was wondering if the 85-91 temps could lead to hardware damage. Has crashed or did not work differently at these temperatures. All this seems reasonable. While these high temperatures does not affect the regular life of my hardware does not trouble me. I've been thinking about buying a cooling pad laptop, but I'm not sure how well a USB fan will cool this equipment since there aren’t many vents on the bottom and none on the back, where fans are computer.

For starters, you can make your own. It's a simple thing, where you raise the back of the laptop with a couple of blocks of wood or other material. Mine are simple square blocks about 1 / 2 inches tall. I did not need as much as my laptop is not as high as the model range has been reported. Try 3.4 inch blocks and if you want to be fancy have small dents that hold the laptop in place. Apply a thin amount of rubber on the other hand, if do not want these to slip. For the fan can pick up something or use a small desk fan. Looks cheap and effective here.

After trying to make one that just decided to buy a cool aluminum master cooling pad since I realized that I sold all my fans. Although this patch has 2 80 mm fans do not actually lower the temperature. The underside of this laptop only has outputs! If certain components are located on the bottom? Does the CPU processor is just where the main fan outlet in the back left side? The graphics card? I'm pretty sure that my hard disk is in the area of the touchpad with one of the few outlets.

Well I guess mine may have dropped about 2-3 degrees avg. But I found that using RealTemp I was able to disable the Turbo / auto overclock feature and keep it running at 1.6ghz which allows it to stay at approx 62deg. Most likely won’t handle big games like this though. Since that’s about as sorted out as it gets, are there any programs I could use to control the overclock or the turbo? Can’t I just lock it at say 2ghz or 2.2ghz, are such fan speeds controllable through the motherboard?

I have the same laptop with the same problem. My laptop has a range of 94 degrees level for both the CPU and graphics card. I need to resolve this problem; my laptop has closed twice with the blue screen of death, prolly due to overheating. If someone finds a solution to reducing the temperature. Please reply back. RealTemp will attempt to try to shut down turbo.