Thread: Palm treo 680 touch screen not working

Palm treo 680 touch screen not working

Friends, I am having the Palm treo 680 and it was working fine for few days. But from last night I found that the touch screen is not working. I am not able to pass through the configuration. I tried all the things from my side but was not able to resolve the issue. Is there anyone who knows that what is the problem with that and how can I come out of the issue. Please reply and I will be thankful to all the replies.

Re: Palm treo 680 touch screen not working

"Configuration through the stylus" is where the touch screen is calibrated with three little stripes objectives? Start with the basics: putting the device and wipe the screen with a slightly damp towel. Do not leave any moisture on the screen. Clean again with a soft damp cloth. Then get a business card with a corner kick, clean the edges of the screen where it meets the outer case. Now, do a soft reset by removing the battery and try to use the device. Please post back progress.

Hello, Thank you for your quick response but the screen is not really working, so I would go directly to the menu and the touch screen does not work at all, and did a hard reset and I cannot go anyway the first step. I hope that someone will come up with some advance solution for this which will help me to resolve the issue. Thank you.

OK. The Treo 680 can be operated in the hard keys only. You can navigate through the functions to keys on the keypad and navigation. If you are unaware of any of these conditions, please post as well. Place the device, and get to the Preferences panel. Under the overall title, reach the option key lock and open it. In the bottom screen, there are two options to disable the touch screen. Remove the check mark or when, or try to use the touch screen. If this does not solve the problem then it is most likely a hardware failure. A proper repair option may be necessary. What country do you live?

Did anything happen on the device previous to it start behaving this way? Have you installed software that could be causing this, or did you drop? I had a Treo 755p. The touch screen stopped working as you described just after he accidentally fell. The ribbon cable from the main board of the touch screen is released. They were able to quickly fix the store. Anyway, if something happened to the phone that you think may have caused this, let us know.

I think that sounds like it was glued on the screen calibration screen, which could prevent the spread to navigation hard key. I do not know much about Treos, but I know the LifeDrive, if you take and put back on a memory card, you could leave the calibration screen. Otherwise why not reset the software? You do not need the touch screen or keyboard for that. If you backup your Treo, you can perform a hard reset except that means "rebuilding" Treo since it was previous to the backup.