Thread: Is it possible to use mp3 ringtones in HTC Mozart

Is it possible to use mp3 ringtones in HTC Mozart

Hi guys, yesterday my elder brother gifted me HTC Mozart mobile and I am in total love with it. As I have just started using the mobile, I am still unaware about many of its features. I would like to assign mp3 music as my contact ringtones in my mobile. So I wanted to know whether it is possible to do so in my HTC Mozart mobile phone. Does anyone have got any information regarding this issue? Please help me with your suggestions. It will be appreciated for sure. Thanks in advance.

Re: Is it possible to use mp3 ringtones in HTC Mozart

I searched for the specification of HTC Mozart on Internet and from the official website of HTC I came to know that the HTC Mozart mobile phone supports the .m4a, .m4b, .mp3 and .wma format of audio files and .3gp, .3g2, .mp4, .m4v, .mbr, and .wmv formats of video files. So most probably you will be able to use your mp3 music to assign them as your contacts ringtone. You should probably try performing the following thing and check by yourself whether mp3 songs work on HTC Mozart mobile efficiently or it has got its own set of problems for this thing.

Dude, I am also using HTC Mozart mobile from last many months now and from my experience I realized the MP3 music ringtones (audio files) are not support in this mobile. This is because the HTC Mozart is running Windows Phone 7 Operating system in it and since it is a Windows Phone 7 mobile phone, mp3 format is not supported in it. May be in near future some updates will be released which can efficiently help the user to use any .mp3 format audio files in the HTC Mozart device.

Hey people thank you for informing me about this major compatibility issue between the Windows Phone 7 and the .mp3 format audio files. Ok so now I can’t use the mp3 songs and assign them as contacts ringtone. So now I have to use other music formats, may be some of those mentioned in the above post and set them as the ringtone. How can I assign any music file as the ringtone? Please help me. Your help will be appreciated. Thank you for any future helps.

It is very easy to set any music ringtones for incoming calls and messages. It is similar in almost all the mobile phones. Follow the below steps to add ringtone to incoming calls and messages.
    • Click on the Start button on the Main menu.
    • Now, tap on the all apps option.
    • Click on Settings option.
    • Click on the Ringtones & sounds option.
    • Finally click on the Ringtone and select the music of your choice

There are many free and paid apps available in the Android Market which can help you assign mp3 format music to your contacts. Or else search for apps to create your own ringtone for your Android mobile. I would recommend you to try Ringdroid or Ringtone Maker apps for the same purpose. Search for them on Internet and you will get the links to download them. It would be better if you get them from the Android Market as doing that will eliminate the chances of your downloading the wrong file. Install the apps in your mobile by following the on-screen instructions and enjoy their features.