Thread: Sony Vaio PCG7141L - Keyboard Moves Cursor

Sony Vaio PCG7141L - Keyboard Moves Cursor

My Sony Vaio laptop (model PCG7141L, Vista operating system) has been very good except for one annoying problem. Often when I'm writing a text, I'll play the "rest area" under the keyboard with the palm of my hand and immediately, the cursor will jump back up in a text that I've written and start there. It's annoying because I am a fast typist and do not usually look at the screen so often. I can barely touch the "rest area" below the keyboard sometimes (not all the time) and pop, there goes the cursor. Sometimes it has even led to a complete response message for Facebook to disappear, as if I deleted it! Any ideas?

Re: Sony Vaio PCG7141L - Keyboard Moves Cursor

Had a talked with Sony about the problem of playing the rest area below the keyboard and my jumping cursor in the text. He said it was a conflict between my touchpad and mouse. He suggested I uninstall my Synaptics Pointing Device Driver, because when I try to disable the touchpad, the Disable button was gray. So I uninstalled the driver and download the updated driver that I would be able to disable the touchpad. That was a success, but when I disable the touchpad, button stays out gray.

Thanks for all these ideas! I have no button on my Sony laptop to turn off my touchpad. I wish I did. I went to Device Manager and looked at my Synaptics Pointing Device. The only option I have is a "Disable" button, and gray. From what I researched, presumably, if that happens, then the driver software is damaged. So I uninstalled my driver, download an update of a Synaptics, did everything they said to do, and "disability" button is still gray. I'll have to contact Sony's new live chat, but I thought someone might have an idea for me. It's frustrating that if I rest my hand on the "rest area" on both sides of the touch screen, the cursor jumps to another text. The type of Sony said it was a conflict with my mouse.

Well, thanks for staying up in there with me. I went to Device Manager, addressed the USB human interface device, click Disable, and then my wireless mouse does not work. I want to disable my touchpad. I go to the same place (Device Manager) to try to disable the touchpad, so I know I should be in the right place. There is simply no way to disable it.

Just in case someone comes here and has to know how to disable the touch screen, here is the link, and is very simple. On the whole, click Start, All Programs Look for the pointing device, a window will move toward up that has an "enable" box checked, and only the disabled and click OK. That was so easy compared to uninstall the driver, etc!

This difficulty has been driving me crazy for almost a year since I bought my Sony Vaio. The wildly cursor jumped all over any application written in very bad to facebook and constantly to move along the page up and down with the closing of the window or go to the previous page and I would lose all . I thought it was possibly my bluetooth mouse at first, but happen with the USB mouse or no mouse at all. It is with great relief that I can say I've finally found the solution! It is so simple that I'm surprised that nobody else has come up with it. Go to your mouse or the touch surface properties and uncheck the box that says hide the cursor while typing. This solved the problem for me 100%, I'm aggrivated I took a year to figure something so simple actually. Hope this works for everyone else.

I recently purchased a Sony Vaio laptop, model vpccw290x, and immediately began experiencing the cursor jumps around the screen while writing. Since Google the problem on the net I found a lot of information about it. Apparently the touchpad on many laptops are very sensitive and most of the solutions I read about an order to disable the touchpad and use a wireless mouse, well, well. But I think I found another way to handle the problem without disabling the touchpad. That is the "tapping" device that moves or bumps the cursor without touching the device, click, but a simple tap on the touchpad. So when you're typing, it is virtually impossible to skim not touch the keyboard, making the jump by pressing the cursor.