Thread: HP DM4 1060US display not working properly

HP DM4 1060US display not working properly

This laptop has Windows 7, Intel integrated graphics, Core i5, etc. When the laptop is on, I see the HP or Windows logo and no longer boot into Windows. All I see is a screen rather uniform gray color with hundreds of horizontal and vertical lines in it. Three times I called HP support, sent it to HP service and returned in the exact same condition that sent him; the whole process took over two weeks. Another call to HP support and is back on the service road. Any ideas what is causing this? Technical support has been suggested that a "software" problem, Norton Antivirus, and a connection to the screen. It is clear that they have no idea.

Re: HP DM4 1060US display not working properly

The DM4-1160us is the perfect size and has the features I was looking for. It worked great for a few months until the screen appeared generally gray with hundreds of vertical and horizontal lines on it. Windows would not be seen and was functional. Without going into details, three phone calls to support India complete an exercise in futility. One agent spent much time trying to tell me that Comcast was my Norton Anti-Virus support that was the difficulty and needed to purchase the Norton product that was loaded on my computer initially. He did everything possible to sell to me. The team is sent to the service in Texas. He came to my house with EXACTLY the same problem. Another phone calls to India and is back in Texas to be repaired. This whole process began on 31 January. Is March 12 and still not have the equipment despite being scheduled to be delivered on 15 March. This is my fifth HP and the only one who had problems with it. Is not that the team might leave, but not too terrible of the technology and support to countries in the amount of time needed to solve the problem is that this is the problem. HP-please make your business and your customers a favor by Apple support modeling. When my wife's MacBook Pro hard drive failed, she took it, and had a new hard drive installed within 48 hours. No questions asked, just 5 minutes from the diagnosis, the team makes, and a phone call with her when she was ready.

Hi, I have got my HP laptop DM4-1060us (14 ", Core i5, Win7) of U.S. July'2010 and when connected to the LCD screen with HDMI cable, which was good business and after showing few minutes is gone from the LCD and tried all the troubleshooting steps and did not work. I visited the local HP center and refused to repair as this product is not launched in India yet. I was advised to send the laptop back to the U.S. Now more disappointing is that yesterday the screen of the laptop has been nothing that is only visible white light. I am totally disappointed with HP. It has so many problems within one year and not repaired in India. HP employees can do anything in this case or I'll dump in the graveyard that HP laptop.

Thanks for the reply. The story gets worse and worse until HP finally agreed to replace the equipment but their initial proposal was a rebate. All this began on 31 January and equipment delivery was attempted today, March 31 (exactly two months later!), But I was not at home. Should be delivered tomorrow. When all is said and done, HP is not going to be proud that the matter was handled in this way. I will give all the details once you have the equipment on hand.

I am sorry for the bad experience you were facing with HP. Glad to hear that you have received a replacement unit. If you'd like to provide information to your experience I would like to contact you directly. I just sent you an e-mail explaining the details of what happened. We appreciate your comments and will certainly add up to this friendly forum. Thanks.

I had a similar problem on another computer, HP, Compaq Presario CQ62 (Compaq is owned by HP apparently). Constantly freezes in that regard. I started experimenting, and found that if I came to the screen behind him reboot, but then begin to freeze again. Then I tried to apply pressure from behind, and found it worked normally with this pressure, the way it had to be pressed at any angle (he was not "magic angle") When I let it go, started to freeze again. Then I hit the table in anger and ran 0. The real story, breaking my desktop made the screen work. I have no idea why. Hope this works for you, because it is a fairly easy solution.