Thread: Memory stick has stopped working in my PSP

Memory stick has stopped working in my PSP

It is being more then 6 months now that I have been using my Sony PSP to play games, watch movies, videos and listen to audio files. It was working very well until yesterday. Now all of a sudden my PSP is not recognizing the Memory stick only. This is annoying me as I am unable to play games. Does anyone have any idea, what must be the reason behind this unusual behavior of my PSP? Anyone have any suggestion? Please help me by telling me some solution that will solve my problem.

Re: Memory stick has stopped working in my PSP

As you said in your above thread that the problem started all of a sudden, so according to me there must be some issue with the data stored in your PSP memory stick. I would recommend you to delete all the data that is stored in the memory stick permanently by formatting your memory card. The problem might be caused due to some broken files that must have corrupted your memory stick. Formatting the memory stick will delete all those files and probably solve any issue related to the corruption of files.

Thank you, dude for showing concern over my problem and making an effort to solve my problem. But unfortunately formatting the memory card is not helping me at this moment. I am still facing the same problem and the PSP is still not recognizing the memory stick. Does anyone have any other solution to solve my problem? Please come forward to share your suggestions with me. Your suggestion will surely be appreciated. Thanks in advance for any future help.

You should probably use the memory stick in your computer or laptop (which ever you are having.) Check if it is working properly in it or not. If the memory stick is not working efficiently in your computer or if it is not getting dedicated in your computer as well, then it is confirmed that your memory stick has got corrupted and it need to be replaced by the new memory stick. So now, you have got no other option other then purchasing a new memory card for your PSP.

I am not sure about this but there can also be chances that the memory stick slot of your PSP must have got damaged. You must have unknowingly mishandled your PSP, or must have pushed too much force while inserting or removing the memory stick, thus damaging your memory stick slot. So it would be better if you contact the nearest PSP store where you can get your PSP fixed. If your PSP is still within the warranty period then you can get your PSP fixed for free or else you will have to spend some bucks on getting your problem solved.

Before visiting any customer care center to get your PSP fixed, I would suggest you to try whether some other memory stick is detected by your PSP or not. If it is not getting detected then you can get a new memory stick and check if it works with your PSP or not. Normally whn a PSP recognizes the memory stick; it shows MagicGate is supported in the information area. And if it is not showing this then probably the memory card is fake and you need to purchase some branded and recommended memory stick for your PSP, which is also compatible with the PSP.