Go Back   TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 27-04-2011

Screen turns white in hp mini 110 laptop

Hello guys. Greetings to all. Well I have a hp mini 110 pink laptop with Windows Vista. It hasn?t posed me any issues until now. However, lately, the screen goes white whenever I open it past a certain point. In case, I open my laptop very far, for around more than 70 degrees, then the screen goes white until I open it up more further. Guys appropriate suggestions will be really appreciated. Thanks in advance for getting out time and replying.
Old 27-04-2011

Re: Screen turns white in hp mini 110 laptop

Hey as per my guess , it might be a loose plug , though, I have never taken a laptop screen apart. May be you will just be required to push it back inside it or maybe it must have happened that some soldering is coming loose. Do check these things out which I have told to you. If that is the problem then you will be really lucky and the issue will be resolved very easily without much of stress. I hope you like my post and it proves useful to you.
Old 27-04-2011

Hey according to my suggestion, I will tell you that you should not try out very extravagant solutions if it is under a guarantee period. It will be better if you give it to the respective authorities and either get it repaired or in other sense replace it with a new one. Its your right to get a new one. Friend, I really hope that it is under warranty. I really hope my post helps you because these are such basic things which we forget generally.
Old 27-04-2011

I would recommend you to verify from the internet about the videos on installing a new laptop screen. It seems to me like your ribbon cable must be loose and thus such issues are occurring. Also, it might be fairly easy to repair. The videos will give you a fair idea of the scheme of the things and it will surely guide you and let you know what must be the issue. You will be able to find numerous videos with various types of solutions .
Old 28-04-2011

Hey I would like to tell you that I had replaced my screen and regularly if I over-jostle my computer the screen blanks out for a momentarily amount of time. It happened as because the ribbon cable that had come with my new screen was hardly wide enough to get to the video-in plug. However, during the first run , the cable came right out when I had opened the device. The second time, I got it completely plugged in; however I think it might be loosening up as the time passes . I feel even yours might be doing the same.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Tags: , , , ,