Thread: Sony PSP 3000 vs Sony NGP.

Sony PSP 3000 vs Sony NGP.

Hello guys I was planning to purchase a Sony PSP 3000 I was really very much impressed by its features and the application compatibility, so discussed about it with my friends and some of them told me to buy it but some of them told me to wait for Sony NGP which will be launched very soon in my country else I will buy it from the Amazon or Ebay. I don’t know much about this stuffs so guys can you help me out in this, should I wait for Sony NGP or should I purchase the Sony PSP 3000. Please I need your suggestion or at least give me the features of both the devices.

Re: Sony PSP 3000 vs Sony NGP.

Well in the comparison in graphics and sound, Sony NGP has much advanced things as compared to the any other Sony portable device it had quad-core ARM Cortex-A9 CPU and the performance is boosted by the quad-core Power VR graphics processor. And this device is capable of displaying the 960x544 pixels in 16 million colors and it has 5-inch OLED display. But the PSP have less impressive LCD with resolutions near 480x272 pixels. NGP is way beyond to PSP portable devices.

I will suggest you to wait for the Sony NGP because its much bigger than all the current PSP consoles, it has width of 7.2 inches where as other PSP devices have width around 5-inches. And it’s thinner than the PSP 300 and it is also bigger in vertical position. I don’t know about battery life its quite same in PSP 3000 and Sony NGP its around 4-5 hours. So I think same technology is used in making the battery but in other aspects NGP is far more ahead as compared to other PSP portables.

Well PSP 300 uses the UMD(Universal Media Disc) format introduces in the original playstation portable, so all the games are compatible on PSP 3000, which you play on the other PSP portable devices. Games can be purchased and downloaded on UMD, but NGP featuring completely new games so those games won’t playable on other Sony portable devices. But other Sony PSP games can be played on the Sony NGP so it’s a big advantage, as it will be featuring many new game but I has no UMD.

Dude even I will suggest you to wait for Sony NGP because it has many new features like it has touch screen in the front and the touchpad in the rear side, which can be used to control actions games, Sixaxis motion control is also there in the NGP. And you will also get the built-in GPS for the location based games. And there are two analogues sticks. There will be a 3G version and this will be compatible with the Playstation store and playstation suite. And it also uses the proprietary flash cards with 2GB and 4GB format.

Hello guys first of all thanks a lot for replying so quickly in my thread, I was really very much confused in those two devices but I didn’t knew much about features of the devices and that’s why I posted this query here and on some other sites, but I didn’t got any reply on the other sites. But I got plenty of information which I required and after reading the thread I ma gonna wait for the Sony NGP. And thanks again guys for helping me out.