Thread: Will the AC Adaptor work as replacement for PSP

Will the AC Adaptor work as replacement for PSP

I have the AC adapter with me and now I am planning to use it for the PSP. Actually the thing is that the one I got with my 3001 has PSP-380 on it and is 1500mA. And the AC adapter that is marked PSP-100 with 2000mA work with it? So does anyone know what the difference is?Also do let em know that can I use them or is it actually possible to use it.Please do get back to me on this as I am waiting for the replies.

Re: Will the AC Adaptor work as replacement for PSP

I think that it is actually possible to use what you are actually thinking. I feel that as long as it's 5V DC with the correct sized plug and center positive polarity it will work.But you just have to remember these thing and then there wont be any problem at all.So this is what you need to do to solve the problem that you are facing.Actually when I heard of this I found it a bit innovative but then I when I searched for it I was happy to know that it actually is possible.And then I have presented you with the solution.

Even I do agree with the solutions that has been provided and would say that there is nothing special about the PSP charger. I feel that any 5V DC power supply should be fine. My have an Olympus 5VDC/2000mA supply that I had laying around and it works great.So the bottom line is that there is no such issues in this and without any evils you can go ahead with the solutions that is begin given over here.

Thanks a lot for the solutions that you all have provided and I appreciate the fact that you have replied to me so immediately.I hope that I will work on then and hope that it will help me to get away with the problem that I have been facing.But at the same time I would say that if there are any issue with the solutions then do provided me with some other solutions as well as they will be handy for me to solve the problem that I have been coming across.

It actually work for you and I feel that the higher the mA the better for a charger. And this is something I am very much sure about. Also I feel that the PSP 3000 charger is smaller because the PSP 3000 has a weaker powered battery.Also I would say you that the 1500mA is actually 1.5 amps so any power brick that can provide 5VDC at 1.5A is fine as far as I am concerned.But there shouldn’t be any problems in this and this will work for you without any problem.

Thanks a lot for the solutions that were provided to me that you have given and would say that it has really helped me to solve the problem that I have been facing. I used the same steps that were mentioned and then they did work out for me. Also I would suggest all the people who are giving this problem to follow the same steps which will help you to solve the problem that you are facing. I feel that it is the best possible solution. So finally I would like to thank you all for the solutions that you have provided that helped en to solve the query that I was facing.