Thread: Skype network error on PSP 2000.

Skype network error on PSP 2000.

Hello guys I have purchased PSP 2000 some time back, I had no issue with it but when I used Skype with the PSP I had a major problem I got the following Error:-“ Skype could not connect. You may be behind a firewall or you may be experiencing trouble connecting to the internet/Please check your connection and try again.” But Skype works fine with my PC and on PSP I am able to browse the other web pages, I turned off the firewall but nothing worked, please help.

Re: Skype network error on PSP 2000.

Mate I have PSP 3000 and a laptop and on both the devices Skype works fine. After reading this thread I searched over the internet about your problem and I have found that if you try could try enabling the Port 80 and 443, then you have to forward your main port 80 and 443? And its normally of 5 digits. Hope this will work for you because this is the only solution I have found on the internet. Just try this out and revert back whatever result you get.

Dude to make a call with the Skype you should be sure that you should have following things to make the call first your series should be PSP -2000 or the above version and the headset or headphone with remote control like PSP-S140 or you can also use a plug in USB microphone PSP-240. And a active Wi-Fi connection wireless LAN or hotspot. And a Memory Stick Duo which should have at least 1 MB free to save history and to check your presence.

Hello guys I have PSP 1000 I was planning to use Skype on it, I was not able to establish the connection using Skype. So I was going through this thread and as the above user posted PSP version should be 2000 series or the above, my question is can’t I use the PSP 1000 to use the Skype. There will be some application or software using which I can use to make a Skype call, please help me out I don’t know much about these stuffs, I am totally new to all this stuffs.

Dude you just flow the following steps then you will be able to establish the connection, and sorry dude you can’t use Skype on PSP 1000, its only for PSP 200 and above version. And the steps are as follows
    1> First download 3.90 firmware and install it and then upgrade it to the PSP-2000 system.
    2> Now connect your PSP to the Wi-Fi.
    3> Attch head phone and sign in on Skype.
    4> And to make a call you have to use the Contacts icon and click on the name or you can scroll doen to the dial icon and use the keypad.

Hey dude thanks a lot for helping me out, I don’t know what was going wrong, I have searched a lot on the internet about this problem but I got the only solution given in the first post but that didn’t work for me. And then I tried the last solution and after upgrading the firmware I reinstalled the Skype and then everything worked fine. I think there was some issue with firmware. But now everything is working perfectly, thanks a lot guys for helping me out.