Thread: Need advice on HTC MyTouch 4G

Need advice on HTC MyTouch 4G

Later than years as a Verizon customer, I misplaced my Blackberry Curve and was convinced by a slick seller at Costco to toggle to T-Mobile 3 weeks before my Verizon contract finished and acquire their free HTC MyTouch 4G with a 2 year contract. I began having troubles with the phone and/or service right away, e.g., dropped calls, no internet repair at my home, headphone jack didn't work, small battery life, but they just gave me 13 days to return the phone and relapse to Verizon. A family crisis and other precedence kept that from occurrence so I unhappily resolved to stick it out for the period of the contract. I really not understand what to do and how to solve this issue. Please if anyone has any idea than please provide me.

Re: Need advice on HTC MyTouch 4G

Here I also have the same crises and I just dropped my phone and crushed the screen. As I hadn't up till now got a bill, I didn't understand I didn't have the insurance and told T-Mobile. They recommended I go to a third party repairer. The third party said I can repair the screen for $140, assuming they discover not anything else wrong. They as well recommended that I might have gotten an awful SIM card that might be why I barely ever have coverage/internet access. What should I do? Should I change the screen on this possible repeated disaster of a phone? Should I pay the $200 T-Mobile termination fee and return to Verizon? Should I purchase a new phone? Should I quit completely and go phoneless? Please someone help me. Any suggestion will be greatly appreciated!

1. You might need to observe if you can obtain another phone which works and attempt your sim card in that.
    2. You can go to T-mobile and they should be able to acquire you a fresh sim card for free and bond that into another phone and observe if your coverage is any improved.
    3. If you do not care regarding 4g service and just wish for a phone there are lots of 3g carriers which present very cheap plans.
    4. Go to T-mobiles site and ensure their coverage maps, if they got terrible coverage in your area than you’re out of fortune. Keep in mind always check coverage maps first.

T-Mobile has a great coverage map which even illustrates the relative degree of signal strength you can be expecting. I would recommend you check that not just at your home but anywhere you suppose to be. If they show as a minimum a decent signal in your complete area, then the mistake is possibly not the network but your phone, or possibly the SIM as recommended. If so, I can tell you T-Mobile is fairly a nice company to be with in my experience. That being said, I know VZW has the prevalent footprint in my area and possibly in yours too.

I as well echo above person’s suggestion that you attempt that SIM in a dissimilar phone. Now, that phrase "assuming they discover not anything else wrong" is a key. First, you say you were having troubles with the phone in the first place, and after that it was dropped hard sufficient to harm the screen. I in my opinion would be loathing spending even more money on that phone. Better to bite the bullet and acquire another. Possibly even a dissimilar model as you seemed to have such a terrible experience. You can either obtain it from T-Mobile or from a 3rd party dealer like Newegg or so on. Won't be cheap but you don't have much choices, especially while you factor in the early termination fee if you go to some other carriers. If you're T-Mobile at a standstill sells the Motorola Defy, which is supposed to be a hard phone.

1. Check your state's laws and observe if they possibly present additional protection.
    2. Did you purchase with a credit card? It's probable that that may present more protection as well (for a substitute phone, a longer 'grace' time to terminate T-Mobile). I know my core card does.
    3. You can as well attempt 'hardball' and intimidate the Costco man with caricature. I discover the guys at Costco are generally very good, though.

One more suggestion is: Attempt filing a criticism with the management and if not, with the customer protection agency.