Thread: What are the Features of Craig Epad?

What are the Features of Craig Epad?

Well guys I am planning to buy a Craig Epad from CVS, Its Android tablet. But before buying it I want to know some features of it or you can say I just want clear some doubts on it and questions are as followed,
    1> Which are the application which gives best performance and which are application which give poor performance on this device?
    2> Can I get the SWYPE with this device?
    3> How can I get the Palm Graffiti for it, can I get these things for free?
    4> As I like to watch movies very much, where I will get cheap Micro SD card for it?
    5> Can I hook a USB keyboard to this device?
    6> Can I use 3G with this tablet.

Re: What are the Features of Craig Epad?

Well very nice thread I can answer your queries according to my personal experience with the tablet. And answer to your questions is as follows,
    1> The weather channel or WeatherBug doesn’t work well with the tablet but QuickNote and Jewels works very well with it.
    2> SWYPE for Android is still in Beta version, I don’t know how it works but its available now.
    3> You can get Palm Graffiti on the Android Market but you won’t get it for free.
    4> Well the answer is Amazon or Ebay, you can search it by yourself according to your need.
    5> Yes you can plug in keyboard and mouse also if you have USB hub.
    6> It doesn’t have cell radio so you have to use a 3G modem with it.

Hey thanks a lot for posting this thread, even I am planning to buy an Epad and I have some questions regarding this, my questions are
    1> Does Bluetooth dongle work with the bluetooth headset?
    2> I will need a power inverter for my car or a USB car charger will work for the Epad.
    3> Can I use HDMI cable to display things on the Monitor?
    4> Can I make Google and Skype calls via WiFI?
    5> Does Hulu or Netflix work with it?

Well dude Android doesn’t work with the external Blutooth dongle, may be some Adroid equipped device will work but the Epad version doesn’t work with it. And you can charge using an universal charger, Epad does charge by USB charger, you will get the particular charger which provides 9V. Dude I am not sure about HDMI thing is it for all the stuffs or only for the videos. Yes you can make Google call but I don’t know about the Skype. And for Hulu or Netflix yet no idea because flash doesn’t work properly on Android, hope there will be some applications very soon.

Hello guys thanks a lot for taking part in my thread, I posted this query on many forums site and on some tablet related side and answer I got there were very disappointing because there is hardly anyone who have answered my questions, answers I got was like doubtful, not sure etc. but here I got the proper answer with some more added information well guys thanks a lot for helping me out and to take concern on my query, this site members are really very active compared to all other web sites.

Exclamation Re: What are the Features of Craig Epad?

so what do you think of it. I just got into flashing the device to different roms of android. and even put windows ce on it....it was kinda lame for what I wanted it for. I like android games. has anyone put a 3g modem on the epad yet? not sure how to...it says 3g but it wont look for networks. I have the 10" android 2.2 with flash player.

Quote Originally Posted by chicky niki View Post
    so what do you think of it. I just got into flashing the device to different roms of android. and even put windows ce on it....it was kinda lame for what I wanted it for. I like android games. has anyone put a 3g modem on the epad yet? not sure how to...it says 3g but it wont look for networks. I have the 10" android 2.2 with flash player.
    I was able to configure my 3G USB Modem provided in UAE, you don't need a driver or anything, few information about the setting of your service provider. I got the setting from the auto installed dealer for the same 3G USB Modem on my Windows 7 PC. The setting should be like the following...

Modem Type : Hawaui (my model E1550 which is not in the list but it works)
    The number to dial : *99# (This is Etisalat, UAE)
    APN : etisalat.ae (This is also for Etisalat, UAE)
    User and Password : Leave black (Etisalat, UAE setting)