Thread: Mobile tracking application for stolen or lost Android phone.

Mobile tracking application for stolen or lost Android phone.

Well guys there are many application or build in application on the mobile phones using which users lost or stolen phone can be tracked. But I don’t know which application perform same task on the Android handsets? I have recently heard that I guy installed some tracking application in his Android handset and using that he found his stolen mobile phone with the help of police. After reading that I have checked the market place I think its Lookout Mobile Security, well any body have any experience of using this type of application please share.

Re: Mobile tracking application for stolen or lost Android phone.

Hey dude thanks a lot for posting this query, I was looking for the similar kind of thread. I was about to post the same thread but luckily I have found out this one. Even I want to know is there any application which using which the Android phone can be tracked. I don’t know about “Lookout Mobile Security”, please share your experience here if you have used it? Since it will be running all the time does it drain the battery or is there any other disadvantage of it? Please help.

Well I have HTC EVO, I had downloaded this application long time back and it worked fine with me, first thing it doesn’t drain your battery because even after downloading this application battery performance didn’t got reduced. But this application only gives you the location, I don’t think it track your Android phone, you can visit their website may be they offer the mobile tracking facility. I just found out on the net that you can check your phones GPS location from the web site but your phone should be turned on.

Yeah the “Lookout Mobile Security” works only when you have net enabled and the Phone is on, it won’t work if your mobile phone is switched off. Norton made one security application its Beta version is free for now. It works via SMS to lock or unlock the phone, so it will work without data plans also. You can also lock your SIM so whenever you will change the SIM phone will be locked and it will ask for the password. So I think its better than the “Lookout Mobile Security”.

Even I will suggest you to use the Norton because your lost or stolen phone just need to be switched on nothing else to track it if the Norton security application is installed in it, you just have to send a text message “Locate<code>” from any other mobile to your mobile and you will get back a URL and you just have to type that in Google Map and you will find the location of your handset. This is a better solution who use the data plans very rarely.

That’s so nice of you guys, thanks a lot for taking concern on my query. I was looking for the same application I don’t use data plans so frequently and the Wi-Fi. So I wanted and an application which can be operated via a call or a SMS. And finally I found out one with the help of you guys. Thanks a lot guys for giving me some valuable time and the suggestions. Norton is much better as compared to the “Lookout Mobile Security”, so I am going with the Norton.

i lost my nokia-e63 four days ago. if u have anything to tyrack that pls share with me.

sandeep

Quote Originally Posted by skumar0782 View Post
    i lost my nokia-e63 four days ago. if u have anything to track that pls share with me.
    I am very sorry to hear that you lost your nokia e63 mobile phone, how did it happen? Currently there are no software that can track lost nokia phones and it makes it impossible to trace lost or stolen mobile phones. You can register a complaint in the police station as they can only help in this matter of fact. Sadly, if the mobile phone is not insured then also you can redeem another one.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"