Thread: Blank screen on my Sony silver PSP-3000

Blank screen on my Sony silver PSP-3000

I have been playing on the Sony PSP-3000 from a long time and had lots of fun while playing it.I just love to play the games and I would say that it is really amazing. But now I have noticed something on it and that had been bothering me a lot. The thing is that I noticed while playing Dino Crisis on my silver PSP-3000 that it suddenly does black. This has been happening from a past few days and I seriously don’t know the reason for this. So please do get back to me on this as I am waiting for the solutions on this.

Re: Blank screen on my Sony silver PSP-3000

I just had a look at the question that you have put up and would say that this is something that is really weird. I don’t find any valid reason why all of a sudden the screen goes black. But I would tell you that this is something that took place with my phone as well and I would tell you that it happened because I had dropped my phone. But then I had repaired it and now it’s all very well. So even I would tell you that you can just show the PSP in some store and then all will be fine with you and there wont be any problem at all.

Thanks a lot for the prompt replie.I just had a look at the solutions that you have put up and would say that I didn’t drop it at all.I feel that there is some other reason why the screen goes blank.The reason for this is not because of the PSP falling down.I would tell you that I pretty much play it at home and bring it to work occasionally. But basically the problem is around the edges of the screen and there is a weird discoloration. And also it is not entirely noticeable unless the screen is dark.So this is the actually thing that is causing the problem.

I think that the problem that you are facing might be due to the small amount of condensation that would be present underneath your screen. Have you had it in any humid areas before.Just check it out and then I feel that everything will be fine with you.I guess that if this doesn’t work then you definitely have to show it to some store and then there wont be much of a problem at all.Also once you are don’t with this then do get back to us to let us know that what the problem was.

I think that if you never had it in your pocket in the rain or anything then I will be really honest and would say that I really don't know what could cause that. Maybe somebody else could help you.But the reason for that would really be due to some external damage that might have caused this problem.Or other thing that I might suggest you is that if the PSP is in warranty then you might rather change it and get a new one as that solutions looks a more feasible than others.