Thread: Sony Ericsson Xperia play is not charging

Sony Ericsson Xperia play is not charging

Yesterday I have bought xperia play. Today I got a battery low warning and for that purpose I hooked it up using the charger that came along with it except it didn’t begin charging. No matter how I hook it up, it couldn’t able to charge at all. I rebooted the phone but still it is not charging. So then I connected to my pc to see if it may help. Now it looks like charging fairly. When I again rebooted the phone it stops charging from PC also. What can I do now? How can I charge this phone?

Re: Sony Ericsson Xperia play is not charging

My opinion is that leave the phone hooked up to the charger and the power outlet for nearly 3 hours without any interruption. It seems to me that your phone’s battery is completely get drained and for that purpose it is unable to take the power right away. So leave the phone connected and see after several hours later. It should be charging now. Furthermore check the charger and the phones connector. Look for any kind of interruption on both. Make sure that the charger is passing the power properly.

When you first buy the phone, the retailer will suggest you that you need to charge the battery for some hours (nearly 5 to 8 hours) before the initial use. I have heard this kind of thing in Nokia cell phones. Before you actually start using the phone you should charge it properly. Otherwise you may end up with this kind of issue. First check the batter with other phone or by the use of any device which will suggest the battery’s power specs. If all is correct then check the batter connector and also the pin. You may need to check the connector using the multimeter for power passage.

It seems to me that the battery is not accepting the power from the charger or from the phone’s pin or be the charger inlet. You need to check those things first. First check the whether you can get any kind of power from those battery pin or not. Then try to pass the power directly to the battery. We call this method as boosting the battery. For this you will need a special device to regulate the proper amount of power. Also make some scratches on the battery power inlet. You will notice 2 or 3 small metal area which you connect to the phone’s power pin. Scratch it with small screw driver and see the result.

I think that the better is fully gets drained and for this reason it is unable to check the power from the charger. What I mean is the xperia play’s battery is completely dead. You need to live it anyhow. For this you might need to contact the electronic shop. They will know how to make it live once again. They will directly pass the power to the batter above its actually capacity of power. Once it gets up then you can use and charge it with your phone’s charger. Make sure that do not boost the batter by yourself. It could be dangerous.

In my opinion it would be better if you call the sony Ericsson technical support team rather than trying these all method. You have already said that you have bought the phone just a day before. So I can assume that it is still under the warranty period. You can send the phone back to the service center and they may correct it without any cost or may be for any extra cost. If the phone needs is a replacement then you will obviously get the new phone from the company.

question Re: Sony Ericsson Xperia play is not charging

i got a problem too, ma Xperia play iz not charging with both adapter and USB.
    i turn it off it shows me it's chargin but wen i on it again, it shows me the battery iz still lessthan 6%.
    i bought mine almost 6month ago.
    pls i need help GUYZ!!