Thread: Is there anyone who has tried to use the WD 2go Mobile App

Is there anyone who has tried to use the WD 2go Mobile App

Hey is there anyone who tried to setup remote access using WD2go.com and has tried to use the new WD 2go Mobile App which is available in the android marketplace and the App store as well?? I just want to know their experience about the same because even I am willing to try it out. Anyone sharing their experience here will be appreciated.

Re: Is there anyone who has tried to use the WD 2go Mobile App

Hey is there anyone who tried to setup remote access using WD2go.com and has tried to use the new WD 2go Mobile App which is available in the android marketplace and the App store as well?? I just want to know their experience about the same because even I am willing to try it out. Anyone sharing their experience here will be appreciated.
    I have tried and I will say that it was a good experience. I will say that I am well satisfied with the support of the MyBook Live. There were some thing that appeared weird to me as well and it was that the Web Access was password protected so if you are having a password protected shared directory with an account then there you will have to use another password. Other than that the Mobile Access does not require all this and you just have to enter one-time code in order to set it up and I really like this thing. I have also found that the WD2go app can be installed and use form the iPhones, iPads, Android phones and Android tablets but then here I think that there will be a security risk as well. I think that they should really work out ion this soon.

I think that there will not be any kind of security risk because we can make the mobile device password protected as well. I have also tried it out and it was quite amazing I think that there will be paid apps for the same that will have respected security levels to avoid the security risk and all. As far as I am aware there are some apps that are using Device Authorization Code in order to have a secure communication between them. I just wish if they will be expanding it as well.

Hey even I have tried it out and now I am really expecting more from them, I mean that I am seeing the wd2Go and WD Photos apps getting merged in to a single app and if it happens so then I think that it will really be a interesting app but then I have heard that they are following single task for single app as their mantra, so Let’s see what happens next.

I think that there will not be any kind of security risk because we can make the mobile device password protected as well. I have also tried it out and it was quite amazing I think that there will be paid apps for the same that will have respected security levels to avoid the security risk and all. As far as I am aware there are some apps that are using Device Authorization Code in order to have a secure communication between them. I just wish if they will be expanding it as well.

I completely agree to you at this but then I think that the overall security of is still strange with the password requirements and the paid apps covering the security issue will be a great; I will be really looking forward to it. Even I think that they should expand the app with some more features and the idea of merging wd2Go and WD Photos apps is also great. They should really think of the same.

Hey guys even I have tried to use the WD 2go Mobile App but then I had a bit of problem while doing the same and it is that when I was trying to start the app and then when I clicked on the My Book Live then I was welcomed with a dialog box which was asking for an activation code but then when I went back in to the My Book Live dashboard then I did not came across anything such as activation code. I not very sure if I am doing it in the wrong way, so I just needed some help who have used the app without any problem. I will also like to share that I had previously updated the firmware as well when I had ran the dashboard upon installation for the first time. Any further help for this will be appreciated.

I think I can help you here, in order to get the activation code you will have to go in to the Dashboard and then in to the remote access after that just look under the Mobile Devices section and then you can generate the Device Access Code from there. As far as the firmware is concerned I will suggest you to get the 2.0 or higher update to be on the safer side and after that it should work without any problem. Just check it out and then let me know if you were able to use the app or not.

I have got the WD 2go Mobile App on my android phone and it is just working great but then I have found one issue as well and it is that the drive is not going in to the standby mode anymore and I think that it is related to the firmware update because the drive was going in to the sleep mode after 10 minutes. By now I have tried to disable the remote access and I have tried rebooting as well but then it is not making any difference. I just want to know if there is anyone who has faced the same issue or I am the only one facing this. I really want to get it solved somehow because I do not like using the he drive running 24/7. So if there is anyone who has a fix for it then please share it here and it will be highly appreciated as well. Thanks in advance.

I have bought My Book Live and I have backed it up as well, I have also downloaded the WD2Go for my iphone but then I have found that I am just seeing the name of the file and the pictures are not appearing as thumbnail. I am not sure if I have done something wrong currently I am having all the photos in the shared file. Other than that the My Book should work as an itunes server but then I have found that the other computers I use are just showing empty file whenever I am clicking on the MyBook Live in the iTunes shared column. I don’t know if I have missed anything so is there anyone who can help me out with the same. Any help will be appreciated

Hey even I was facing the same kind of problem after loading the WD2go on my very new HTC Droid Incredible, other than that it is just working great. In the starting even I was able to see the name of the photos file rather than seeing the image in a thumbnail but then I have solved the same now by upgrading the WD Photos and now it is just working perfectly fine for me. If you want then even you can try out the same and see if it is helping you out as well. I think that the upgrade should probably end the thumbnail issue. Just try it out and then let me know. Best of luck.

I will like to add that the WD 2go and WD Photos have different functionality, I mean that the WD 2go app basically acts like a file viewer and it also allows you to backup your files on the My Book Live. So if you want to get the thumbnail images then you will have to transcode the photos and for that you will have to use the WD Photos App.

Hey even I was facing the same kind of problem after loading the WD2go on my very new HTC Droid Incredible, other than that it is just working great. In the starting even I was able to see the name of the photos file rather than seeing the image in a thumbnail but then I have solved the same now by upgrading the WD Photos and now it is just working perfectly fine for me. If you want then even you can try out the same and see if it is helping you out as well. I think that the upgrade should probably end the thumbnail issue. Just try it out and then let me know. Best of luck
    Hey alap thanks for the solution even I have upgraded to the WD Photos and now it is working fine and now I am able to see the image files as thumbnail.