Thread: Best Ebook reader for the Sylvania 7 Tablet.

Best Ebook reader for the Sylvania 7 Tablet.

Hello guys a have bought a Sylvania 7 Tablet last week, and for work purpose I will use it as Ebook reader most of the time, and it’s loaded with Laputa and this has portal which provides some ebooks, but I want to sideload the old content from Memoware which I was reading previously. I have just loaded only one book i.e. with Laputa. I don’t know much about it, which formats it does support, I am thinking to download the Calibre. “Rotate screen function” doesn’t work on this device, this device has a decent screen at least better than the PDA. Can you guys suggest me some Ebook readers?

Re: Best Ebook reader for the Sylvania 7 Tablet.

Well dude I will suggest you to use Aldiko Reader, it’s an Android application. I think this will work on your device. Aldiko supports all the most common and standard eBook formats like ePub and PDF etc. this Ebook reader also supports the OPDS, the open content distribution system. I am using the same Ebook reader and I relly happy with this application, because on this you can browse and download the thousand of free work with reading the any ebook format. You can browse Multilanguage book catalogues .

Hey even I am completely agree with the above user Aldiko is one of the best Ebook reader I have ever heard for the Android application. And you are saying that you are not able to rotate the screen. First you have to tell me that are you using something built in the Android that doesn’t work when the Laputa is open or you are using the Laputa’s menu? Because the features of some readerware disables the screen rotation. There will be some option by which you can change the settings and you will be able to roatate the screen.

First of all thanks a lot guys for reverting so quickly, I will check that Aldiko application very soon hope it will support all the formats which I generally use to read the EBooks. I will load it if the Laputa doesn’t recognize my file formats. Because I have to convert the files on my PC then using Micro SD card I copy those files into the tablet. And I am using menu item which is within the Laputa to rotate the screen. I am able to click on the option but the screen doesn’t rotate.

Dude Aldiko reader has very nice features but I will suggest you two other Ebook reader which I prefer over the Aldiko. First is “FBReader” it’s very simple to use and it’s very straightforward as compared to the other application and this also have advanced features like you can adjust brightness by just sliding your finger to the left on the screen. And the other application is “EReader” it had bad reviews on the smartphones but on Android it got really good reviews. So just check out this application.

Guys first of all thanks a lot for helping me out, because I don’t know much about this applications and after reading this posts now I am able to rotate my screen just by using the default settings for my screen and I have just gone through all the application you guys have provided and I am going with the “FBreader” first because I liked its feature and the reviews and the other advanced features. So guys thanks a lot for helping me out, I really appreciate it. Thank you,